User names..

Mines obviously just my own name but whats behind yours? Nick name maybe or just something you made up?

Smokey and the bandit was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Convoy was another but Rubberduck was taken as a username so I went for snowman

It was from a previous job quite a few years ago now when I was going a bit thin and some new bloke didn’t know my name so he referred me to others as “that bald bloke” in a friendly banter type of way and then a few others done the same and it was the about the time I changed to having a number 1 haircut too, so although now I’ve moved jobs and the nickname has kind of gone I used as my name for the forum.

i had a black labrador dog called diesel…i also had another black labrador that i named after the respect of commander guy gibsons black dog when he was bombing the ruhr valley dams in ww2 which used to amuse me no end shouting on him though it wouldnt get printed on here.(google it if you dont know) i was thinking of originaly calling myself a name in respect of things that i really like,but im not sure id have gotten away with “lagerfanny”… :slight_smile:

We’ve had this before, however mine comes from the old days of online chatrooms and MIRC where one day a few people where having an online giggle, but one day, one guy (obviously drunk) was being a PITA bugging the women in the chat room, he the then turns his attention to me asking am I a man or woman? However I was winding before him up, and refused to state if I was M/F. Anyhow one of the women got annoyed and told the guy that I was a bloke, he said I wasn’t, she then stated “ffs he’s got a pair of balls” so henceforth in the chatrooms I got the nickname of Peirre which has stuck with me ever since. However due to the family nature of some forums I abbreviate the name to Peirre, as ******** isn’t allowed due to sweary Mary

Crushed the middle finger on my right hand. It went a nice bruised yellow colour for a while and people where I used to work gave me the name Goldfinger…

Driven mostly Volvos over the past 15 years. A couple of mates enquired what I drove at work, then referred to it as an ovlov. Jay is short for Jamie. Ironic name now, considering I don’t like volvos much anymore

Well - pretty obvious, My Surname is Todd, so often get called Toddy, My late father was a proper old time lorry driver/operator, taught me most of what I know (transport wise), so I guess he was the original Toddy, so I must be Toddy2.

Like the OP I just use my own name.

Mine is simply the phonetic spelling of my initials…and the number 4 is from my e-mail address,being the lowest number I could get,when I set up my e-mail… Logical really…

Mine harks back to my university days where, despite my long hair and beard, I always seemed to have women in tow. Just like the cartoon character!

Pretty much grew up in an Albion Clydesdale - gives away my age :frowning:

I used to be a maintenance controller & I’ll admit I could do with losing a fair bit of weight. Any how, one day a customer turned up at the depot wanting a minor repair sorted out. Our engineering director introduced me as the Fat Controller & the name’s stuck ever since!

I stink. So when I leave a room i always hear “he honked”

I should really have a wash but why muddy the water :smiley:

Name of the Farm were I live and part of the post code.

Combination of part of my first and last name it’s usually not already taken so saves me having to remember loads of different ones

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I stole mine from a name I used to hear on Sally Traffic, years ago…

Whatever happened to her btw, has she retired? Not a regular listener to R2 nowadays, but not heard her for ages when I’ve dipped in and out.

Mine speaks for itself :laughing:

Mine is easy my name and am scottish.

Mine came from my wife, she called me that years ago…and i liked it.