Hsf logistics

Anyone know what hsf logistics are like to work for out of Harwich? I see they’re ditching the left hookers and getting right now so it’s made me interested.

Think switchlogic worked there once upon a time

happysack:
Think switchlogic worked there once upon a time

Probably ten years ago I’m guessing so probably not too up to date on the ins and outs of it .

Yeah I think it’s changed a bit recently but heard the guvnor was a ■■■■■■■ Think they’ve gone back to right hookers cos they can’t get the drivers. Just wondered what the work/money was like now

I’m guessing fridges with perishable food that needs to be there yesterday. Get a crack on drive :smiley:

I met two of hsf guys in a pub recently and they seemed happy enough and didn’t have a bad word to say about them , their plant looks good and well looked after anytime I have seen it , so for me it would look like one the better crowds out there , prob just best ring them up and see what they are offering

Spoke to them a cpl of years ago fleet was mixed lhd and rhd and money was about £500 take home all in

harwichtrucker:
Yeah I think it’s changed a bit recently but heard the guvnor was a [zb]. Think they’ve gone back to right hookers cos they can’t get the drivers. Just wondered what the work/money was like now

Seems a strange reason for not working there because the steering wheels on the other side :confused:
Maybe im wrong but must be more to it than that…

I`m a multi so it wouldnt matter…their work load is what would bother me…but then again most companies max out dont they ■■ you can only work the hours the law allows you too, and you would be a fool to break them.

truckyboy:
I`m a multi so it wouldnt matter…their work load is what would bother me…but then again most companies max out dont they ■■ you can only work the hours the law allows you too, and you would be a fool to break them.

The problem with HSF was that years ago they expected you to break them. Used to work with a couple of people who drove for them in the late 90s/early 2000s and it was pretty much drive as long as you could stay awake. Doubt very much that is the case now though.

How they are nowadays is nothing at all to how they were years ago, I know someone who only slept on the Calais Dover ferry in a week, no time for it on dry land. Nowadays is 100% legal, met a few drivers at my place and they aren’t pushed at all.

Hsf are a Dutch company, running fridges. :grimacing: no further introduction required… :grimacing: :grimacing:

The people from the Netherlands may be Liberal in their attitude to recreational pharmaceuticals and ■■■■■■■■■■■, but when it comes to driving trucks, we made the Irish look pedestrian… :laughing: :laughing:

AndrewG:

harwichtrucker:
Yeah I think it’s changed a bit recently but heard the guvnor was a [zb]. Think they’ve gone back to right hookers cos they can’t get the drivers. Just wondered what the work/money was like now

Seems a strange reason for not working there because the steering wheels on the other side :confused:
Maybe im wrong but must be more to it than that…

I thought the same thing.

You say that but driving on our roads these days is bad enough for us boys without the grief of left hand drive. Spoke to a few drivers in Harwich who wouldn’t work for them for that reason hence why hsf have seen the light I should think. I know they run to Redruth alot and do alot of changovers at leigh delamare