Abandoned Romanian rig

Thursday night at our place a Romanian turned up white daf 105,space cab white trailer. Backs on a bay. Hands in keys. Enquiries in broken English about a shower. Anyway after a couple of hours he is tipped, but left no mobile number to be called on from drivers waiting area. People are sent to find him. 5 hours later he is still missing. Looking through cctv. He was buzzed out by security around 30 mins after backing on bay. The truck was still on site at 1800 this evening, moved onto trailer park by a s hunter. There are no personal effects in the cab just some manky bedding and a bit of food in the fridge. Our Tm is going to try and contact the o licence holder on Monday if he doesn’t come back. I doubt he will though :slight_smile:

The agency told him "you’re only a delivery driver’, and he looked up what delivery meant! :smiley:

Sounds like another poor sod who either hasnt been paid or hasnt access to his money that is even if he had any…

There’s been a Romanian xf parked at the jet garage on the A63 for over a year mate lol actually doesn’t look a bad motor from the outside… Often wonder what the story behind that was!

yt03:
There’s been a Romanian xf parked at the jet garage on the A63 for over a year mate lol actually doesn’t look a bad motor from the outside… Often wonder what the story behind that was!

Problem is many of these guys get paid a pittance and money paid monthly isnt always forthcoming and if they have family in the UK (or where ever they are for that matter) some will just abandon the truck and literally just walk away with what little they have…

Poor driver to have to do that :frowning: and disappear

AndrewG:

yt03:

Problem is many of these guys get paid a pittance and money paid monthly isnt always forthcoming and if they have family in the UK (or where ever they are for that matter) some will just abandon the truck and literally just walk away with what little they have…

It’s a shame it comes that… I know they get abit of grief off a few people on here but I take my hat off to them… I personally couldn’t it

If he’s just thought stuff them and walked away, then he’s at least been nice enough to drop the load at the site. Suspect most would just dump the whole lot in a layby or petrol station and say stuff the boss (taking the keys too).

I’m sure that I am not the only person who has been tempted in the past to abandon the truck as far away as possible, snap the key in the barrel and get the train home. Fair play to these Romanian guys if they are doing that because on the vast majority of occasions, companies reap what they sow eventually.

To ask the obvious: the local police/hospitals have no unknowns on their books? If as you say theres no, or few personal effects in the cab then presumably he had a back-pack when he left? (yeah, or Aldi carrier). If no back-pack maybe hed already taken personal stuff out before arriving at your place.

Too many Sam Spade`s for me recently. Sorry.

Sounds like he has had a bust up with the firm and abandoned ship.
There’s quite a Romanian community in the UK so would probaly have some contacts here to put him up or provide help.

they never get stuck…with a fuel card…50p a litre gets them home and a nice holiday too. :smiley:

alterego:
There are no personal effects in the cab just some manky bedding and a bit of food in the fridge.

Swan sandwiches?

truckyboy:
they never get stuck…with a fuel card…50p a litre gets them home and a nice holiday too. :smiley:

And the sack come end of month…mind you when they do this they know its the end of the road anyway…

I may be cynical here but maybe he took the job to get to the uk,
Got to delivery plaice then does a runner knowing the truck would be secure
for another driver to collect.

frenchflyer:
I may be cynical here but maybe he took the job to get to the uk,
Got to delivery plaice then does a runner knowing the truck would be secure
for another driver to collect.

Wouldnt have thought so, an Air Tarom flight to the UK is circa 35eur on standby, much less hassle than driving a truck across europe…who knows though, maybe he didnt even have 35eur, it wouldnt be unusual.
My sister in law Flori is Romanian and one of her family members drives for Sajco Trans SRL and its rife for Romana trucks to be abandoned, theres a lot left in Bulgaria…

Update. Our tm has managed to contact the company. Would have loved to have heard the conversation, and they are going to send someone over to collect it. The truck has been parked in our trailer park out of the way.

More Ale:

alterego:
There are no personal effects in the cab just some manky bedding and a bit of food in the fridge.

Swan sandwiches?

carp… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

More Ale:

alterego:

Swan sandwiches?

Do Romanians eat that? I thought that was further north (Poles, Czechs & Slovaks).

IndigoJo:

dieseldog999:

More Ale:

alterego:

Swan sandwiches?

Do Romanians eat that? I thought that was further north (Poles, Czechs & Slovaks).

Youre right, its mainly the Poles who will eat carp, in Romania there are other ‘delicacys’ like chorba…now wheres the puke smilie when you need it… :grimacing: