Ignorant drivers that don't say thank you

If I’m driving on a dual carriageway and there’s a truck maybe .5 of a k faster inching up I let him pull out to overtake and then slow down to about 82 so he can fly by, then flash him in when clear. Yet still you get loads that don’t say thank you. Yorkshire and Scotch drivers are the most ignorant I’ve found. The EE’s are the most likely to signal a thank you.

Tris:
Yorkshire and Scotch drivers are the most ignorant I’ve found. .

Youve done it now, better get the hard hat on… :wink:

AndrewG:

Tris:
Yorkshire and Scotch drivers are the most ignorant I’ve found. .

Youve done it now, better get the hard hat on… :wink:

Just because it says Yorkshire or Scotland on their trucks I accept that doesn’t mean the drivers are from these places. Yorkshire and Scotch drivers might actually be the least ignorant and it’s drivers from other areas that are working for them who are the ignorant ones giving them a totally undeserved reputation. :slight_smile:

I’ve always, always found the further south I go the worse the driving gets and that includes courtesy.

Maybe it’s the the fat "engerluuunddder’ taking exception to being passed by a Scania with Scotland flags on it, as that seems to be the type to do everything we despise ie. Manky egg stained vest, dodges showers, flings rubbish around etc. Oh, and I certainly don’t need anyone to knock it off a few clicks when I pass :wink:

A.

See what you mean Andrew, I wish I’d never said anything now.

I find the southern English are the most obnoxious. Glad I don’t venture south into the bum hole of the United Kingdom.

I think that’s a scurrilous slur on Scots drivers. And while we’re talking about nationalities, I find foreigners the least likely to flash you in, by a long chalk.

Must agree it’s rare I get a thankyou off the forigners that pull in soon as their past my slow rigid but allso find Arctic do wat ever they want anyway so I don’t tend to flash anywhere near as much as when I started all of 6 month ago

Adonis.:
I’ve always, always found the further south I go the worse the driving gets and that includes courtesy.

Maybe it’s the the fat "engerluuunddder’ taking exception to being passed by a Scania with Scotland flags on it, as that seems to be the type to do everything we despise ie. Manky egg stained vest, dodges showers, flings rubbish around etc. Oh, and I certainly don’t need anyone to knock it off a few clicks when I pass :wink:

A.

+1.theres quite a few seem to take the hump when you take their elbows off passing them,and definately ignorance multiplies the more south you go…and…scotch is a drink…a scot is a person indiginous to scotland…tsk tsk tsk…there was me thinking that the english got the most money for education…tsk tsk tsk… :slight_smile:

if you lot could drive, you shouldn’t be need to be flashed in and say thank you,… so ■■■■■■■ 80’s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tris:
If I’m driving on a dual carriageway and there’s a truck maybe .5 of a k faster inching up I let him pull out to overtake and then slow down to about 82 so he can fly by, then flash him in when clear. Yet still you get loads that don’t say thank you. Yorkshire and Scotch drivers are the most ignorant I’ve found. The EE’s are the most likely to signal a thank you.

They’re probably thinking what’s this ■■■ slowed down for ! Is he on the phone or something ?

Andy7777:
Must agree it’s rare I get a thankyou off the forigners that pull in soon as their past my slow rigid but allso find Arctic do wat ever they want anyway so I don’t tend to flash anywhere near as much as when I started all of 6 month ago

6 months!!! thatl be the honeymoon period over then…where did it all go wrong…back to macdonalds for you by next xmas at this rate. :slight_smile:

Andy7777:

A slow C2 driver that’s miserable/bitter within 6 months, must work for a foodservice company! :wink:

gsijay:
if you lot could drive, you shouldn’t be need to be flashed in and say thank you,… so [zb] 80’s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ah yes the 80’s everyone flashed you in…and…flags, pendants, road dragging trailer spray flap and triple indies… :grimacing:

triple indies??..

hamburger lights my good man…hamburger lights…alzheimers kicking in early?,or was it all them drugs you took at woodstock thats giving you flashbacks?..to me they always reminded me of a piece and fried egg,but there you go… :slight_smile:

AndrewG:

gsijay:
if you lot could drive, you shouldn’t be need to be flashed in and say thank you,… so [zb] 80’s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ah yes the 80’s everyone flashed you in…and…flags, pendants, road dragging trailer spray flap and triple indies… :grimacing:

Mud flaps hanging off the corners of the front bumper, little bucket on the front tow hitch. Plastic hands on springs stuck to the windscreen! Jeez!

dieseldog999:
triple indies??..

hamburger lights my good man…hamburger lights…alzheimers kicking in early?,or was it all them drugs you took at woodstock thats giving you flashbacks?..to me they always reminded me of a piece and fried egg,but there you go… :slight_smile:

We’ve still got a load of ex Norfolk line VanHool tilts from the 80’s and some with the hamburgers still intact… :smiley:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:
triple indies??..

We’ve still got a load of ex Norfolk line VanHool tilts from the 80’s and some with the hamburgers still intact… :smiley:

they must have them superglued on otherwise they would have been robbed 30 years ago. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:
triple indies??..

they must have them superglued on otherwise they would have been robbed 30 years ago. :slight_smile:

Most of them have been replaced but yeah im surprised when i still get one with them intact as they were trophies in the day…

dieseldog999:

Adonis.:

A.

+1.theres quite a few seem to take the hump when you take their elbows off passing them,and definately ignorance multiplies the more south you go…and…scotch is a drink…a scot is a person indiginous to scotland…tsk tsk tsk…there was me thinking that the english got the most money for education…tsk tsk tsk… :slight_smile:

Aye, it’s funny that the faster you pass them the less likely the inadequate little gimp is to flash you in :laughing:

Passed a tanker doing 48 last week, a new shape Renault so I could see the display, in all seriousness that’s a shocking speed to be doing on the flat, no reason for it at all.

A.