Courts

Do they check / can they check your statement of financial circumstance , not really intrested in bills etc ,wages etc , I’m intrested can they check your savings , how would moving large sums of money into a relatives account be viewed , would they be able to check this .
I’m a bit baffled by this form as I’ve just been fined before , bound over for so much , never filled in a personel circumstances form before ., surely a fine should be a set amount , not how much you’ve got in isa ,s , bonds etc :unamused: ta

No idea, but I’d go with “yes”.

Fines shouldn’t be a set amount, they should be a set % of your wages. The rich would never go for that though.

Oh for ■■■■ sake…

the nodding donkey:
Oh for [zb] sake…

Why have you put that?? I could put exactly the same for multiples of your posts. He asked a question! If you can’t answer you don’t have to post, move on to another victim :unamused:

eezeer:

the nodding donkey:
Oh for [zb] sake…

Why have you put that?? I could put exactly the same for multiples of your posts. He asked a question! If you can’t answer you don’t have to post, move on to another victim :unamused:

Because it’s another one of our dozy’s stories of doom.

And nobody stops you from putting exactly the same for multiples of my posts. He’s not asking a question. He’s trolling again.

slowlane:

Fines shouldn’t be a set amount, they should be a set % of your wages. The rich would never go for that though.

I kind of disagree with that. Surely the seriousness of the offence doesn’t change according to someone’s wealth. The way to get round wealthy people thinking they can do what they want is a rapid increase in penalty for repeat offending.

the nodding donkey:
Oh for [zb] sake…

Bang on, but you have to applaud! :smiley:

Captain Caveman 76:

slowlane:

I kind of disagree with that. Surely the seriousness of the offence doesn’t change according to someone’s wealth. The way to get round wealthy people thinking they can do what they want is a rapid increase in penalty for repeat offending.

So the fine for say, speeding should be , say, £200? Which is nearly a week’s wages for some sod on minimum wage, who tries to feed his family. It’s is small change for say a footballer, who will gladly pay it from the 1000s he earns every week, to race his Bentley…

Evil8Beezle:

the nodding donkey:
Oh for [zb] sake…

How am I supposed to become the ‘enfant terrible’ of TN if people start agreeing with me??

slowlane:
The rich would never go for that though.

■■■■ right we wouldnt.
Why should I pay more than the peasants?

Evil8Beezle:

the nodding donkey:
Oh for [zb] sake…

+1.
trolling or othrwise then it passes the time somewhat on a quiet evening.
if i was dozy id definately appear in person.that way if he is as much of a fekwit in person as he tries to be in here,then surely the penalty will be in proportion to that?
and if you dont want a big fine,leave the job and go on the dole…no wages,small fine…then do yourself a favour and get a job elsewhere in kfc or similar.(not transport) as you appear to be as well suited to that persuasion for a career as hitler was in public relations. :unamused:

dieseldog999:

Evil8Beezle:

the nodding donkey:
Oh for [zb] sake…

+1.
trolling or othrwise then it passes the time somewhat on a quiet evening.
if i was dozy id definately appear in person.that way if he is as much of a fekwit in person as he tries to be in here,then surely the penalty will be in proportion to that?
and if you dont want a big fine,leave the job and go on the dole…no wages,small fine…then do yourself a favour and get a job elsewhere in kfc or similar.(not transport) as you appear to be as well suited to that persuasion for a career as hitler was in public relations. :unamused:

Barman, two pints of what this gentleman is having thank you very much…

Captain Caveman 76:

slowlane:

In the current situation of a fixed amount, the seriousness of the offence is different according to your wealth.

A £100 fine is a lot more painful for someone on £30k a year than it is for someone on £130k, whereas if the fine was x% of their wages, they would both be stung the same way.

Captain Caveman 76:

slowlane:

It’s about impact. A £100 fine to your average Joe stings. To a wealthy individual it’s nothing so it doesn’t act as a deterrent which is what it’s intended to do. Think about taxes, almost always levied as a percentage.

dozy:
Do they check / can they check your statement of financial circumstance , not really intrested in bills etc ,wages etc , I’m intrested can they check your savings , how would moving large sums of money into a relatives account be viewed , would they be able to check this .
I’m a bit baffled by this form as I’ve just been fined before , bound over for so much , never filled in a personel circumstances form before ., surely a fine should be a set amount , not how much you’ve got in isa ,s , bonds etc :unamused: ta

Dozy if this is related to what you’ve posted in the Satety, Law, and working time forum then why the hell don’t you get proper legal advice as it does seem a serious matter.

bald bloke:

dozy:

Dozy if this is related to what you’ve posted in the Satety, Law, and working time forum then why the hell don’t you get proper legal advice as it does seem a serious matter.

Exactly so. Sounds serious. A solicitor may cost money, but surely thats better than risking big fines and maybe loss of your licence? How much in lost pay if you cant work or have to do a lesser paid job because of no licence? Even if you keep it, a licence with endorsements limits job opportunities. Transfer money to a relatives account just before a Court case? I imagine theyve heard of that one already. Use that money to protect your licence and your income.

Franglais:

bald bloke:

dozy:

Exactly so. Sounds serious. A solicitor may cost money, but surely thats better than risking big fines and maybe loss of your licence? How much in lost pay if you cant work or have to do a lesser paid job because of no licence? Even if you keep it, a licence with endorsements limits job opportunities. Transfer money to a relatives account just before a Court case? I imagine theyve heard of that one already. Use that money to protect your licence and your income.

If I was on days then I could ask for a early finish etc , but being away it’s not easy getting a appointment at this short notice with a solicitor , but yea I guess there not daft when it comes to moving savings , me I’ll accept what comming but it seems unfair to take savings into account when mine / Mrs are joint savings and she’s not actually done anything wrong , which is why I asked the question , they obviously need too check your ability to pay a possible fine , what you earn / outgoings , but what revelence would savings have .
Anyway I’ll leave it at that and seek advice if I can’t get it sorted in time ta

Oh my Gawd …what’s Dopey been up to now?
youtu.be/AL8chWFuM-s

Dozy if you work nights then you could book a Solicitor during the day before your first shift or after your last shift surely !! Perhaps you’ll have to loose a couple of hours sleep not the end of the world.

dieseldog999:

He better hope not.
A fine in proportion to the feckwit he tries to be in here will not only bankrupt him itll probably also lead to them taking him directly out of the courthouse and shooting him