Baillieston Interchange works from 17th Feb

Taken from the details I got this morning. Hopefully useful to those not too familar with the area. As it’s going to be carnage!

A major diversion of all M8/A8 traffic (east and westbound) is needed on all approaches to Baillieston Interchange to connect the newly-built
M8 motorway with the existing network. Therefore, a 10 week diversion via the newly-aligned A8 will start from 8pm on Friday 17 February 2017.

Diversion routes

Trunk Roads

1. Glasgow to/from Edinburgh, M8/A8 east and westbound – via newly-aligned A8, for A8 eastbound/M8 westbound.

2. Stirling to Edinburgh, M73 southbound – via Baillieston Interchange, Swinton Roundabout, newly-aligned A8 to A8 eastbound (Edinburgh to
    Stirling in reverse).

3. Glasgow South East (M74) to Edinburgh – via M73 northbound to Baillieston Interchange,Swinton Roundabout, newly-aligned A8 to A8
    eastbound (Edinburgh to Glasgow South East (M74)in reverse).

Local Roads

1. Bargeddie/Coatbridge A89 to Glasgow M8 westbound – via A752 Langmuir Road, Aitkenhead Road, A8 westbound on-slip at
    Bargeddie (Showcase Cinema), newly-aligned A8, Glasgow M8 Junction 8 westbound on-slip.

2. Bargeddie/Coatbridge A89 to Stirling/Glasgow South East – via A752 Langmuir Road, Aitkenhead Road, A8 westbound on-slip at
    Bargeddie (Showcase Cinema), newly-aligned A8, Swinton Roundabout, Baillieston Interchange, and take on-slips to M73 north or south.

3. Edinburgh A8 to Glasgow East/Baillieston – via newly-aligned A8, Swinton Roundabout to Baillieston (Glasgow East/Baillieston to
    Edinburgh A8 (M8) in reverse).North Calder Water Bargeddie

Details are also found here.
I have PDF doc with the same info and maps. PM me with your email if you’d like a copy.

As much as I’d much rather not be off on the sick for at least the next 4 weeks, part of me is glad I’ll be missing out on the mayhem this is going to cause. [emoji54]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
As much as I’d much rather not be off on the sick for at least the next 4 weeks, part of me is glad I’ll be missing out on the mayhem this is going to cause. [emoji54]

Someone forgot to lift the cones this morning. Cost me an hour and a failed collection. Dread to think what the next few months is gona be like. Wishing I was back up Loch Ness every day now.

CraigM:

damoq:

Someone forgot to lift the cones this morning. Cost me an hour and a failed collection. Dread to think what the next few months is gona be like. Wishing I was back up Loch Ness every day now.

Grumble…Bloody aquatic monsters… grumble. … coming over here… Taking our jobs… grumble

Re, this ^^^^ cluster-[zb]…

M73 south has been split into 2 lanes after Gartcosh. Lane 1 for Baillieston/Coatbridge/A8, etc, Lane 2 for M73(s) to M74 only.

It’s a contraflow, and no doubt it’s going to be chaos/carnage… so, suggest sticking to outside lane after Mollinsburn to make sure you don’t get caught out and end up stuck in the lane to come off at Ballieston. Once you’re in the Baillieston lane, there’s no escape from it as far back as Gartcosh. :exclamation:

Chris1207:

M73 south has been split into 2 lanes after Gartcosh. Lane 1 for Baillieston/Coatbridge/A8, etc, Lane 2 for M73(s) to M74 only.

It’s a contraflow, and no doubt it’s going to be chaos/carnage… so, suggest sticking to outside lane after Mollinsburn to make sure you don’t get caught out and end up stuck in the lane to come off at Ballieston. Once you’re in the Baillieston lane, there’s no escape from it as far back as Gartcosh. :exclamation:

You can still stay in Lane 1 after Gartcosh and hit M73 atm m8

Tommy7437:

Chris1207:

You can still stay in Lane 1 after Gartcosh and hit M73 atm m8

Yeah think they’ve changed it. Again :exclamation: :laughing:

“Chuffing stobards container in the way today” :frowning:

Instead of the ex army Foden wrecker for recovery ,and old chieftain to blow the ■■■■■■ away would have been better …The old Foden will outlast the latest MAN with its oldschool technology ie throttle cable ,etc

norb:
Instead of the ex army Foden wrecker for recovery ,and old chieftain to blow the [zb] away would have been better …The old Foden will outlast the latest MAN with its oldschool technology ie throttle cable ,etc

Any ideas who owns that old wrecker? Just curious as I’ve never seen it around before. Guessing it might belong to Karen Yuill as I see her scania wrecker in the pic?

damoq:

norb:
Instead of the ex army Foden wrecker for recovery ,and old chieftain to blow the [zb] away would have been better …The old Foden will outlast the latest MAN with its oldschool technology ie throttle cable ,etc

Any ideas who owns that old wrecker? Just curious as I’ve never seen it around before. Guessing it might belong to Karen Yuill as I see her scania wrecker in the pic?

haven’t a clue who owns it ,would love to find out …will see if I can find out if Karen yuill owns it …Juddian would love it,miss agear and start again lol