Drivers Telematics

Guys where can i find information on the above issue , the company are now starting to look at telematics on our vehicles there saying its nothing but where have we heard this before there typical management your help is much needed thanks in advance

Tony101@:
Guys where can i find information on the above issue , the company are now starting to look at telematics on our vehicles there saying its nothing but where have we heard this before there typical management your help is much needed thanks in advance

I’m not sure what you mean, are you saying the company want to fit a telematics system in the vehicles or that they’re now starting to take notice of the telematics information.

Yours must be one of the last companies in the country to look at telematics. Thought everyone else had this fitted to their trucks years ago. [emoji23]
I don’t even think about the fact that I’m monitored by telematics while I’m driving and I’ve never been dug up for anything the telemetry has shown up. Drive normally and you shouldn’t have any issues. There could be a possibility that your companies insurance has stipulated that telematics have to be fitted before they’ll insure the fleet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve had telematics fitted for ages. It measures harsh braking, cornering etc. The thing that’s hardest to get to grip with is the overrun, but that’s just turning the cc of when you go downhill. As others have said, don’t drive like a cockwomble and you’re fine.

My mate sent me a picture message - all drivers the new in-cab devices , do not and will not film you , the camera on the front screen is disabled , apparently this message is on his Iso - trac , apparently the new tablet thingy he has in his cab has a camera on it and it’s pointing at him , he’s not a happy bunny lol
Thank zb I left :question:

dozy:
My mate sent me a picture message - all drivers the new in-cab devices , do not and will not film you , the camera on the front screen is disabled , apparently this message is on his Iso - trac , apparently the new tablet thingy he has in his cab has a camera on it and it’s pointing at him , he’s not a happy bunny lol
Thank zb I left :question:

What your dozy (see what I did there) mate don’t understand is the camera is standard on tablets and it’s only activated by the tablet operato, it’s used to take pictures of damaged goods etc can also be used to take photos of vehicle damage too .

Telematics are a load of rubbish,
We don’t have them at our place as we are not children and don’t need telling how to drive,
The microlise telematics was one of the reasons I left my last job,an absolute pain in the arse but all the drivers just sucked up the bull crap

yorkshire terrier:
We don’t have them at our place as we are not children and don’t need telling how to drive,
The microlise telematics was one of the reasons I left my last job,an absolute pain in the arse but all the drivers just sucked up the bull crap

i agree 100% with you there using them to get more work out of the men and supposedly make them more efficient :question:

Tony101@:

yorkshire terrier:

i agree 100% with you there using them to get more work out of the men and supposedly make them more efficient :question:

They used to put the results up on the board and if you weren’t up to scratch you got hauls in the office with the jobsworth driver trainer,
My last straw was when I had to slam on unexpectedly,I was takin in to office showed the road and exact position I braked on Google Earth and told I should always plan my braking and should never have to brake that hard…
It was a joke,I’m only in my 30s but I have an old school view on my industry.

yorkshire terrier:

I’ve only recently got back into the industry after 20+ years of doing other things and on my first few driving jobs (via an agency) I would phone the office and tell them when I’ve got to site, when I’m leaving and if empty, is there any backloads I could get. On the Friday when I went in the Office to hand my paperwork etc. in, the lassy in there said ‘‘You don’t have to keep calling us to say where you are or anything, we know where you are these days’’ :grimacing:

yorkshire terrier:

Tony101@:

yorkshire terrier:

They used to put the results up on the board and if you weren’t up to scratch you got hauls in the office with the jobsworth driver trainer,
My last straw was when I had to slam on unexpectedly,I was takin in to office showed the road and exact position I braked on Google Earth and told I should always plan my braking and should never have to brake that hard…

Unreal isnt it what its coming to, i wonder how the office ■■■■■■■■ would like it with a camera in their face watching how many trips to the bog they make, how many cups of tea they get through, own phone calls, faecesache updates ect ect. I think if i ever had to be an employee again id avoid this kind of cr@p like the plague…

yorkshire terrier:

Yeah actually a lot of truck drivers need telling how to drive and those who say they don’t are usually the ones who need it the most. Telematics being brought in is a direct result of the fact that too many drivers can’t drive for toffee and certainly nowhere near the standard expected of a so called professional driver.

Lol. Out of the Leeds depot were you Terrier?

I got on ok with Ronnie :wink:

Conor:

yorkshire terrier:

Yeah actually a lot of truck drivers need telling how to drive and those who say they don’t are usually the ones who need it the most. Telematics being brought in is a direct result of the fact that too many drivers can’t drive for toffee and certainly nowhere near the standard expected of a so called professional driver.

Like it ^ I think the average or above average driver has nothing to fear from these spy in the cab thingys.

I was deeply skeptical of our telematics, as I thought I was an above average driver. I was achieving the best mpg and was getting a lot of work done. Then I made a conscious effort to learn how to drive the truck according to the telematics, and also how to “skew” the system slightly in my favour…

The result? My mpg got about 0.5 better, which is ok but not stellar, I was already well on top in that respect, but the difference? My gaffer now had something once a week telling him I was driving at 95% or better, rather than driving at 65-70%

It’s a no brainier whatever you think you know about truck driving, or how many miles you driven in reverse. If you try and drive to the telematics it forces you you to think more, simple, and that’s no bad thing.

eagerbeaver:
Lol. Out of the Leeds depot were you Terrier?

I got on ok with Ronnie :wink:

Yes,Iv no time for that fella at all will stab you in the back as soon as your turned

bald bloke:

Conor:

yorkshire terrier:

Like it ^ I think the average or above average driver has nothing to fear from these spy in the cab thingys.

When we had them I was top three all the time in our depot,but then one big braking incident I get reprimanded :open_mouth: .
My fuel figures now are exactly the same as when I was on telematics,
Bald bloke,as for spy in the cab thingys where will it end,if drivers keep saying Iv got nothing to hide we will be monitored going for a dump next,

It did me a favour getting out of that company mate, I am quite happy at my current gaff. I expect you are in a better company too YT?

(I don’t get coffee surveillance at the current gig) :wink:

eagerbeaver:
It did me a favour getting out of that company mate, I am quite happy at my current gaff. I expect you are in a better company too YT?

(I don’t get coffee surveillance at the current gig) :wink:

Yes definatly,it started to affect my health in the end,