Is It Always Like This

Just joined and was looking at all the posts is it always like that, its like half of the people dont have a clue what there are doing and a selcect few do, I have never seen a job where most of the people in that job have not got a clue.
Mabey i am reading it wrong but thats the way it reads to me its looks like a lot of the posts needs help just to get through the day and someone to tell them they are doing it right, i have never seen so many people in the same job not know how to do it how do they get a licence.

We have everything from new passes to massively experienced old school,and everythinge in between.
Try to be more tolerant

Well mr Try Hard how many jobs do you know that soon as you qualify to do said job your the worlds best and never need advice?.
None that’s what before you come on here with your 1 post and slag people off for asking for advice which is different to “not having a clue” which you seem to infer some are.
How do they get a license? My guess is paying for it then the learning begins,thankfully there are places like this where drivers can ask for advice on things,no1 knows everything and asking is the better thing to do instead of trying to struggle on and making an arse of yourself.

Do you have your licence? And think this could be a few pages lol oh dear popcorn time :grimacing:

Jog on

Yup, deffo another beers and lawn chair thread in the making - first this year methinks, yay :smiley: :smiley:

Yes afraid it always like this.

It’s allegedly called ‘The UK Professional Drivers Forum’ but when you look at some of the posts you cringe with embarrassment. :blush:

It is as though many questions are being asked by 6 year olds who don’t understand the meaning of basic common sense.

die hard:
Just joined and was looking at all the posts is it always like that, its like half of the people dont have a clue what there are doing and a selcect few do, I have never seen a job where most of the people in that job have not got a clue.
Mabey i am reading it wrong but thats the way it reads to me its looks like a lot of the posts needs help just to get through the day and someone to tell them they are doing it right, i have never seen so many people in the same job not know how to do it how do they get a licence.

Maybe you should ask the question with your other username - after all its been around a while and made quite a few posts… :wink: :wink:

20 years driving - I don’t know it all yet. What I do know I’ll pass on to anyone who wants to know . Plenty of drivers have helped me along the way - I try to return the favour if I can .

die hard:

I assume you are an expert in everything you say and do then… or would like to think you are. surely it is better for a newbie to ask experienced truckers for their opinion/advice if something is safe and/or correct before taking a dangerous vehicle out amongst the public if they are unsure and something going horribly/tragically wrong!? People are to quick to judge. This forum operates as a vital service to all types of people and the many experienced helpful guys I’ve encountered here and out and about at work have really helped me on my way to a safe/honest career. +1 to the jog on comment.

Rikki-UK:

die hard:

Maybe you should ask the question with your other username - after all its been around a while and made quite a few posts… :wink: :wink:

Please tell me it’s Dozy. Please

Seeing as I am one of the ones who aint got a clue, can I take this opportunity to ask a couple of questions.

How do I make a manual entry.

Which is the best truck sat nav.

What do I take with me tramping.

Can I work 15 hours every day, and if poss can I work even longer please.

Why do foreigners park on msa sliproads.

If I go a minure over my time, how many years in jail do I get.

What do I wear for my next interview,.I’m thinking maybe pantaloons and a ■■■■ tube.

Which is the best agency to work for.

What is Eddie Stobarts like.

Do I need a dcpc to drive my car.

Can I wipe my arse on a broken bottle.
Thanks in anticipation.

robroy:
Seeing as I am one of the ones who aint got a clue, can I take this opportunity to ask a couple of questions.

Allow me to have a stab at some answers new man Robroy. We all like helping each other and and we all haven’t got a clue. In the land of the blind, one eye is king!

How do I make a manual entry?

Ask Dipper Dave

Which is the best truck sat nav?

The ones that speak Chinese are funny. “Chung chung chow!”

What do I take with me tramping?

A lorry. Pretty cold sleeping in the gravel floor otherwise.

Can I work 15 hours every day, and if poss can I work even longer please?

Absolutely, nothing to stop you soldier. Report back how it goes.

Why do foreigners park on msa Slip roads?

Excuse me foreigners? Weren’t foreigners made illegal along with drinking and fun?

If I go a minure over my time, how many years in jail do I get?

I don’t know the penal system approach to playing with manure

What do I wear for my next interview,.I’m thinking maybe pantaloons and a ■■■■ tube?

Sequins are in this year

Which is the best agency to work for?

SIS, maybe MI5

What is Eddie Stobarts like?

Reminds me of the oft asked question “I wonder what syphillis is like”?

Do I need a dcpc to drive my car?

I’m sure you do

Can I wipe my arse on a broken bottle?

Absolutely. Nothing stopping you again soldier. Report back on how it goes.

robroy:

How do I make a manual entry.

Which is the best truck sat nav.

What do I take with me tramping.

Can I work 15 hours every day, and if poss can I work even longer please.

Why do foreigners park on msa sliproads.

If I go a minure over my time, how many years in jail do I get.

What do I wear for my next interview,.I’m thinking maybe pantaloons and a ■■■■ tube.

Which is the best agency to work for.

What is Eddie Stobarts like.

Do I need a dcpc to drive my car.

Thanks in anticipation.

Got to have a good chuckle at your responses :laughing:

The only thing you really get taught is how to pass a test everything else is learnt on the job

robroy:
Thanks in anticipation.

■■■■■■ PMSL at this last one… :grimacing:

Rikki-UK:

die hard:

Caught out pants down… :grimacing:

Rikki-UK:

die hard:

Just tell us all who it is. I’m guessing the super duper tesco shunter.

die hard:

I’ve been driving 37 years and driving trucks for 20 years. And I don’t know it all, never have and never will.
For example: I can’t rope and sheet, but that’s only because I’ve never needed to do so. But that doesn’t mean I don’t know how to secure a load and drive in a safe manner! However, I’m constantly learning something new and am happy to be doing so.
And I will happily try and help anyone along the way.

Getting the licence is just the beginning mate. In any job you always learn new things and there is no shame in asking others for advice or useful tips!!

Hope you really enjoy your time on here.

Happy posting drive!!!

My last post was my take on some of the repetitive and bloody silly questions that crop up on here time and time again, asked by some of the clueless that the o/p (whoever he may be :smiley: ) is referring to.
These are my initial first response thoughts as an experieced driver whenever I see them…whether they are right is up to you to decide, but are my opinions, so maybe not yours.
Here goes.

Q. How do I make a manual entry.
A.Who gives a ■■■■, it is all b.s., I have never made, or felt the need to make one, except when it has involved a woman and a few pints. :smiley:

Q.Which is the best truck sat nav.
A.Not this ■■■■ cack again. There should be a law preventing you using any for the first 3 months of the job, to make you actually learn to do it. :bulb: (Then buy a one when you know the score, because if used properly they are a bloody good tool for the job.) Whether an expensive one is necessary is up to you and your personal ability.
Otherwise you end up using them as a wet nurse guide to tell you everything from which route to take to how and when to wipe your arse,… there are supposed to be an aid and assistance, not an alternative to using your brain and initiative. :bulb:

Q.What do I take with me tramping.
A.Wtf do you think? You sleep out…bedding.
You eat out…food.
Spare clothes.
Money.
Are you actually fit to be out on your own for a week if you feel the need to ask this?

Q. Can I work 15 hours every day, and if poss can I work even longer please.
A.Read up on the ■■■■ rules and regs, before and when you pass your test. :bulb:
If you want to work more hours or even 70+, do you actually have a life, and seeing as you are going to be driving tired with eyes like sheep’s ■■■■ all day, keep out of my ■■■■ way.

Q.Why do foreigners park on msa sliproads.
A.Why do you even ■■■■ care or concern yourself?
Some drivers in foreign regd trucks are better drivers than you, as they do a lot more initiative type work than doing Tesco and Travis ■■■■ Perkins deliveries only, like you on your 100mile radius and back home job.

Q.If I go a minute over my time, how many years in jail do I get.
A.Why worry or stress out, don’t take this crap too seriously, they can not execute you.

Q.What do I wear for my next interview,.I’m thinking maybe pantaloons and a ■■■■ tube.
A.If you can not even work out what to wear, :unamused: … don’t even bother going to the ■■■■ interview.

Q.Which is the best agency to work for.
A.None, their entire raison d’etre, is to cream off your money, treat you like a child, and generally ■■■■ you about on a regular basis. Get a full time job.

Q.What is Eddie Stobarts like to work for.
A.You have seen the derisory tv programme version of events, you have heard of ex.driver’s opinions and experiences on here…you decide who is telling you the truth.

Q.Do I need a dcpc to drive my car.
A. If you had a basic knowledge of the job and/or even listened on your course you would not need to ask this type of question.

Q.Can I wipe my arse on a broken bottle.
A.NO!..but some of the more thicker and inept drivers on here would probably ask as stupid a question as this, if so ask yourself…Are you the right type of person capable enough to take 44 tonnes out on the road without your Mam in the passenger seat.

That has made me feel a whole lot better :smiley:

Sorry if this is too cynical for some, but it amazes me how some get licences for trucks these days by the level of intelligence and ineptitude displayed both on here and on the roads. :unamused:

I agree and concur with Diehard, the OP is correct .
Just look at the Muppets at the wheel tailgating in motorway road works .
Drivers that dress like Wurzel Gummidge or Stig of the dump with dirty clothes or uniform that has seen better days .
Tipper and bulk tipper monkeys on job and knock or illegal load bonus.
They drive like a fire engine driver high on Crack .
The boat catcher get out of my way road Dumfries Gretna road to hell a75.

Plus the same old posts of which sat nav, do I need cab bedding, what are Abc transport like to work for, how much is the pay, will I be home Fridays as my ■■■■■ is pregnant ?

Wannabe Euro pilots/dreamers, just passed my test , can I tour with U2 Joshua Tree world tour, I don’t mind ■■■■■■■ their guitar cases for free , or shall I join the Formula one team, I can peel spuds and cook breakfast at 5am for fifty people .