Birmingham fans save lorry drivers life

HEROIC Birmingham City fans reportedly saved a lorry driver’s life on the way back from their FA Cup third round replay at Newcastle.
On their coach journey back from St James’ Park, they stopped at Woodhall Services in Yorkshire where they saw a lorry driver collapse.

A man of around 60 collapsed at Woodhall Services near Sheffield
In a message published on Facebook by Football Away Days, a man said: “Hi, Birmingham City fans were on the way back from Newcastle away on the coach and pulled into the service station on the motorway; Woodhall, Yorkshire (I believe it was) when a possible Lorry Driver was walking out of the Arcade room and collapsed, and wasn’t breathing.
“The Birmingham lot were the only people in the service station at the time, apart from McDonald’s workers and cleaners etc.

“One of the McDonald’s workers was a first aider but said “I can’t leave my role as I need to finish off here” so the Birmingham fans had to perform CPR on this poor bloke.
“4/5 mins later, he’s still not breathing, the Birmingham fans (who went to the game directly on an Endeavour coach from the Royal George in Small Heath) just wouldn’t give up on this man who is about 60 years old and 8 minutes into performing CPR on this bloke, he took a big gasp for air and came back around.

“Unbelievable story, football fans are looked at as thugs, but you can guarantee this won’t make the headlines when they literally never gave up on a bloke who had literally died, but managed to save his life, football is for everyone.”
Birmingham were beaten 3-1 at Newcastle with two goals from Matt Ritchie and one from Yoan Gouffran helping the Magpies to a fourth round tie away to Oxford.

An appeal has been launched by the Yorkshire Post to find the brave fans who saved the man’s life.

Well done to the fans but shame on the McDonalds employee for wanting to serve Big Macs before saving someone’s life!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 Damoq.

Hang your head in shame McDonalds.

■■■■ McDonalds, if someone is dying in front of you and you have the skills to potentially save their life, get out there and do it. If they want to quibble, you’ve got a good opportunity to show your managers up for the paycheck obsessed drones they are. Or they may recognise you left your post for a ■■■■ good reason and reward you, who knows. But don’t ever think a lump of horsemeat is more important.

Good job to the fans, there are good people in all parts of society. :slight_smile:

‘possible lorry driver’

Don’t know why but that made me laugh :laughing:

Fair play to the blues fans,takes some doing to get stuck in,but as our first aid instructor said they are dead if you don’t could live if you do.

As for McDonald’s employees most of em look like they need a sign round their neck to remind them to breathe in and out muppets most of em.

Just a thought could have been tibshelf as its got a McDonald’s and a costa woodhall is Starbucks and not normally Starbucks and Macdonalds at same 1

damoq:
Well done to the fans but shame on the McDonalds employee for wanting to serve Big Macs before saving someone’s life!!!

+1 maybe someone should send an e mail to mac dees head office,complain about it,ie one of the fans
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good on the fans. Hope they get a few wins now.

Contrary to popular belief, most of the “animals” who attend footy matches in this day and age are actually decent folk.

Matlock yesterday, just before kick-off…http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/fans-life-saved-by-fellow-supporters-34838

I would say “heroic” is putting it a bit strong? Dont get me wrong, excellent quick thinking and good actions by those involved, but its not crawling around on your belly with hostile incoming fire is it? Credit to those who did it, but how would you describe someone risking their own safety to give aid now?
Mc D`s guy was doing his bit too, of course, by making more fatty food he can ensure that we have an ongoing source of overweight people having medical emergencies in the future.

Good on the Football blokes (or women) for thinking so quickly and getting in there.

Shame on the Welcome Break employee for not doing what he is paid to do.

Shame on TNUK for automatically tarring all McPeeps with the same brush. A few things here in support of the Golden Arches.:

1. Most MSA McDonalds are Franchises not company owned stores so the ■■■■■■■ in question doesn’t work for McDonalds but for Welcome Break, (to whom I shall be sending a link to this topic and suggesting they investigate then eviscerate.)

2. The first rule of First Aid is that if you don’t feel confident or safe to do something dont do it. I pose a hypothetical situation here: McPerson could have been 5 days from the expiry of his First Aid at Work certificate, expert in the treatment of burns and abraisions but had never done CPR since his course five years ago and so therefore wasn’t confident. All we have is hearsay on why the McPerson didn’t jump in and help.

3. In my experience the vast majority of McPeeps are decent, helpful and actually rather intellegent. l should know too, I did five years in a McKitchen at the start of my working life.

Daytrunker:
Just a thought could have been tibshelf as its got a McDonald’s and a costa woodhall is Starbucks and not normally Starbucks and Macdonalds at same 1

Woodall is BK, KFC, Starbucks, Subway, Ramsdens on the Southbound side and Starbucks and McDonalds on the Northbound.

If you’re not confident then ok, but his excuse made it sound like he was more worried about cleaning the fryer than the guy having the heart attack. I doubt he even called for an ambulance.

Daytrunker:
Fair play to the blues fans,takes some doing to get stuck in,but as our first aid instructor said they are dead if you don’t could live if you do.

As for McDonald’s employees most of em look like they need a sign round their neck to remind them to breathe in and out muppets most of em.

Good job by all involved.
At woodall, Mcdonalds is on northbound, and burger king southbound. so they either crossed the bridge preferring McDs over BK, or there is some confusion on who refused to help.

Shame on McDonald’s and their staff! F@&£ your role a man needs help. Massive well done to the Birmingham city fans, just the kind of people we need in this world :slight_smile: :smiley:

as a lifelong bluenose i’m very proud of their action’s. according to a blue’s forum I am a member of the people involved are known but want no publicity as they feel they only done what anybody would have.except for maccy d ■■■. K R O.

m.a.n rules:
as a lifelong bluenose i’m very proud of their action’s. according to a blue’s forum I am a member of the people involved are known but want no publicity as they feel they only done what anybody would have.except for maccy d [zb]. K R O.

As Newcastle supporter all my life can you say thanks from us

Oh sorry we beat you

animal:

m.a.n rules:
as a lifelong bluenose i’m very proud of their action’s. according to a blue’s forum I am a member of the people involved are known but want no publicity as they feel they only done what anybody would have.except for maccy d [zb]. K R O.

As Newcastle supporter all my life can you say thanks from us

Oh sorry we beat you

do n’t worry so does everybody else. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: