TPMS (Tyre Pressures)

Im guessing that Norb will be the one to give an answer to this question. On trucks, and in particular the DAF, what sort of "tyre pressure monitoring system" is installed? Im guessing its an indirect system without sensors inside the tyre? How accurate is it I wonder? Im sure it`ll recognise a flat but will it give warning of a slow leak?

Franglais:
Im guessing that Norb will be the one to give an answer to this question. On trucks, and in particular the DAF, what sort of "tyre pressure monitoring system" is installed? Im guessing its an indirect system without sensors inside the tyre? How accurate is it I wonder? Im sure it`ll recognise a flat but will it give warning of a slow leak?

on my scania V8 R730! If it goes cold, it goes haywire til it warms up. :laughing: they’re very accurate. :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

Franglais:

on my scania V8 R730! If it goes cold, it goes haywire til it warms up. :laughing: they’re very accurate. :grimacing:

Thanks for the reply. Does that system use special wheels or valves or owt? Or is one of the systems that looks at the rolling profile of the tyres? And how accurate is “very accurate” I wonder? How much drop from a slow leak before it`s recognised?

DAF use a very very basic system for tyre pressure monitoring ,no special valves on the rim etc …It uses the ABS /EBS …wheel speed sensor…So if you have a puncture the wheel rotates at a different speed ,and over a set distance it puts the warning ,easily reset by the driver …It should also require resetting when new tyres are fitted

So no added parts just a software tweak

norb:
DAF use a very very basic system for tyre pressure monitoring ,no special valves on the rim etc …It uses the ABS /EBS …wheel speed sensor…So if you have a puncture the wheel rotates at a different speed ,and over a set distance it puts the warning ,easily reset by the driver …It should also require resetting when new tyres are fitted

So no added parts just a software tweak

Thanks for that. No need for special kit when changing wheels then. Just a driver reset of the system, sounds good. Any idea how much pressure drop it`ll notice? Any indication has gotta be a good thing of course, just curious to know?

it compares the number of revolutions of the diagonally opposite wheels after every 1km without braking…so not a perfect system ,but simple ad cost effective

Thanks. One of those clever tricks using existing kit on the truck to do a second useful job.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk