Add-blu pump Avonmouth truckstop

Anybody aware of this “notorious” pump for making drivers look dumb??!!!
6am and pitch dark never been before and needed 100L to make boat:

Wrecker man 1st words:
“Pump 7”■■?
Says his outfit alone dealing with 3/4 trucks a week!!!
Look what happened 2hrs after me:

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Did it put diesel in Ad blu tank or Ad blu in diesel tank?

Yep happened to one of our lads, I asked him why he didn’t think it was unusual to be slipping a thin pipe into a large hole, then he showed me a picture of his wife. Say no more.

Maybe the problem was your truck was upside down?
Dont blame the pump

I don’t get what the problem is, what happened? Each pump is clearly marked what it is so you can’t fill up with the wrong thing.

Darkness + rushing or just the pumps looks similar.
It’s surprising how easy it is to ■■■■ up when one switches to autopilot.

Ever had a moment where you thought how the fork did I manage to do that.

Although I haven’t made this particular boo boo I can guarantee that if there’s a wrong way to do something I’m your man.

Embrace the ■■■■ ups they are funny to look back on.

Humour is the elixir of life… etc

trucken:
Did it put diesel in Ad blu tank or Ad blu in diesel tank?

Add-blue in diesel tank,
The nozzle ls faulty too didn’t click off at all as supposed to need magnets in normal add-blu tank to work.
The ECM guy managed to put 400L in!!!

As for the narrow hose yes should have caught on but “tunnel vision” after 14hr 58min spread previous day (Cardiff Gate to Hayle Cornwall 20mile from Land’s End with 4drops and 1 collection on way down) and on go again 5am!!!

There are small bore hoses about at truckstops derv pumps IE Golden Fleece J42 M6.

BristolTruck3r:
I don’t get what the problem is, what happened? Each pump is clearly marked what it is so you can’t fill up with the wrong thing.

Look at the pics how is add-blu no7 pump clearly marked!!!

ive been there once near the end of my shift to fill up. Noticed it straight away especially when its marked as pump 7. If it was derv pretty sure it wouldnt jump from pump 1 to 7 on the same pump. :grimacing:

One thing thats confusing me is everytime I fill up with adblue, the nossel has to be hard into the opening before it’ll even consider dispensing so assumed theres something in the nossel which has to be activated. Is this the problem with the magnets mentioned above?

Also never got a adblue to fillup very fast - they seem to constantly click off if you pull the trigger more than a millimetre. Like a DAF, be worried if it seems to be working properly!

As for the pump, think its time for a TNUK conspiracy theory about the site owners and not labelling it. :slight_smile:

I must admit the very small nozzle and blue handle would’ve made me check, if only by smell.

Big Truck:

BristolTruck3r:

-where you put your fuel card in and use the keypad, and press a number to state what pump you want to use there is a big sticker stating what pumps are diesel and what pump is ad blue. You literally can’t miss it… well…

BristolTruck3r:

Big Truck:

BristolTruck3r:

-where you put your fuel card in and use the keypad, and press a number to state what pump you want to use there is a big sticker stating what pumps are diesel and what pump is ad blue. You literally can’t miss it… well…

The PUMP should be clearly marked not the bloody card terminal!!!

trucken:
I must admit the very small nozzle and blue handle would’ve made me check, if only by smell.

Didn’t notice the handle as would have known right away.
I said above that I made the balls up@ 6am in darkness and anybody who uses there regular would know the lighting isn’t the best and the add-blu side of pump is in shadow!!!

The gun is blue isn’t it. It couldn’t be that dark there that you couldn’t see it.

puntabrava:
The gun is blue isn’t it. It couldn’t be that dark there that you couldn’t see it.

Bluey-black really as all sorts of greasy gloves been on it,
and lighting ain’t that great 6am as already said.
It’s also IMHO a seldom trait that an add-blu hose is joined onto same standalone pump as derv??

Has to be a problem unless MAN mechanic/wrecker driver/MAN service receptionist and yardman@ Truckstop are all spoofing to me!!![emoji52]

I thought it was just me!
About a year ago I pulled in to Avonmouth for diesel put the nozzle in and as soon as I pulled the trigger I looked down and thought something was wrong and pulled the nozzle out straight away.
I was lucky and only splashed a little bit in and got away with it.
We are used to seeing seperate pumps or clearly labelled pumps for addblue and I can see why people are doing this at Avonmouth.
If it happens this often the truckstop should recognise there is a problem and sort it instead of sticking a bit of paper on the terminal.

nab:
I thought it was just me!
About a year ago I pulled in to Avonmouth for diesel put the nozzle in and as soon as I pulled the trigger I looked down and thought something was wrong and pulled the nozzle out straight away.
I was lucky and only splashed a little bit in and got away with it.
We are used to seeing seperate pumps or clearly labelled pumps for addblue and I can see why people are doing this at Avonmouth.
If it happens this often the truckstop should recognise there is a problem and sort it instead of sticking a bit of paper on the terminal.

A year ago eh■■?
Few £££££££££££££s been spent on broke down trucks about there since then would reckon!!! :neutral_face: :astonished:

Whatever happened to “if in doubt which one… ask”?