It was me!

Time to own up,last week just parked up for night,jumped in bed,flat out.Then captain fridgemaster general decides to park next me. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

He then uncouples and faffs off !!

Burrrrrrrrr Burrrrrrrr ! :open_mouth: :cry: :blush: :blush:

Thats it ,i got out of bed ,and turned the bloody thing off! :open_mouth:

I know i shouldn,t have ,but i did it!

Well done fella.

Now every man and his dog can read that drivers on TNUK are the same as most other bell ends. Potentially ruined load of medicine.

This is why we will never get anywhere as drivers :frowning:

i dont mind sleeping when the fridge is running think you get a better sleep.

It’s acceptable to turn a fridge off if the driver forks off and leaves you stuck with it.

Dropping the trailer on its knees not unheard of but frowned upon.

Course if it’s meds then it should never be left unattended, just guessing…

This is the reason why at some point we will end up with cameras fitted to fridges or control panels that are completely locked out and are not able to be turned off when required. Not to mention the possibility of ruined food that might still get used and give god knows how many people food poisoning.
I know it’s annoying and not nice to sleep next too, but they have to park somewhere as well, most half decent people will try and park them as far away as possible. Sadly it’s not always possible.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yes, they have to park somewhere. But to dump it next to another truck then â– â– â– â–  off? Really?!?

Doesn’t really matter if control panels do eventually get locked, drivers will just go under and cut the fuel line with a Stanley. Nothing is unbreakable :laughing:

I’m not going to be too critical of the op, I don’t think I’d do the same but you never know. Everyone gets ■■■■■■ off and has a breaking point.

Fridges keep temperature for hours once they’ve been switched off, it will be fine, you did switch it back on when you left right…?

The Sarge:
Yes, they have to park somewhere. But to dump it next to another truck then [zb] off? Really?!?

Totally agree. I pull a fridge and wouldn’t dream of dropping it next to someone and then disappearing off. I’ve even parked in a crappy layby rather than go to one of my favourite spots purely because I didn’t consider it fair to inconvenience other drivers who are trying to sleep.

However if I’m parked already and someone chooses to park next to me and then proceed to complain they get told to go away in short jerky movements.

Ares:
Fridges keep temperature for hours once they’ve been switched off, it will be fine, you did switch it back on when you left right…?

You obviously don’t know much about hauling chilled or frozen do you !

pierrot 14:

Ares:

I’ll expand a bit:

In this weather (5-6c) a chilled load will be fine for a very long time with the fridge off, after all, at most places 5c is an acceptable chilled temp;
a frozen load will be fine overnight (but not much longer, hence the need to switch it back on), provided it was at temp when it was loaded.

Either way it will be fine overnight. Of course it’s different in warmer weather.

I too have every sympathy with the OP.

Also wouldn’t be ignorant or stupid enough to dump a running fridge trailer beside a bloke on an obvious overnighter and just bugger off, if i did i wouldn’t be at all surprised to find the thing not running when i got back.

Driving fridges means you have to use a bit of nous, it goes with the job just like other sectors of the industry.

I pull a fridge would never drop it then go away hate to see this

Often in 1 of the service this happens a lot with a certain company for 6 of them they take up 12 spaces drop fridge then park away from them leaving other to park next to them unfair

Maybe it is time that most of the services & truck stops had a place for us fridge drivers ( know some have )

Ares:

pierrot 14:

Ares:

I’ll expand a bit:

In this weather (5-6c) a chilled load will be fine for a very long time with the fridge off, after all, at most places 5c is an acceptable chilled temp;
a frozen load will be fine overnight (but not much longer, hence the need to switch it back on), provided it was at temp when it was loaded.

Either way it will be fine overnight. Of course it’s different in warmer weather.

Agree with this, chilled food is around 4-5c and if the outside ambient temperature is the same or even a couple of degrees above it wont make any difference and a frozen load would take more than 24hrs to thaw at the same temp. Warmer weather though would be a different matter…

AndrewG:

Ares:

pierrot 14:

Ares:

I’ll expand a bit:

Agree with this, chilled food is around 4-5c and if the outside ambient temperature is the same or even a couple of degrees above it wont make any difference and a frozen load would take more than 24hrs to thaw at the same temp. Warmer weather though would be a different matter…

Yup all good and we’ll for food but that’s not the only thing carried. Pharmaceutical companies require a printout or download and it being turned off at all would be a rejection. Also some haz requires a fridge. Did a lot of fridge ADR work at Virginia.

Ares:

Really. Anymore than a couple of hours the stock is defrosting. We have had to scrap stock after a few hours of a fridge that’s been knocked off or cut out.

Services should provide electric hook up points for fridges

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mdourish:
Services should provide electric hook up points for fridges

Some do…

I don’t ever belive that there is any justification at all, in tampering with some one else’s property. Probably a criminal act has been committed and where do you draw the line?

Dimlaith:
I don’t ever belive that there is any justification at all, in tampering with some one else’s property. Probably a criminal act has been committed and where do you draw the line?

Well if he parked up dropped trailer then unit parked else where that is out of order in my book & I drive a fridge