It was me!

Dipper_Dave:
I’m shocked at the lack of intestinal fortitude. Honestly what state has this job come to when you park up for your rest and some Muppet drops a fridge trailer by you and you let them get away with it.

As far as I’m concerned by 10pm it’s an abandoned trailer and fair game, especially if the driver hasn’t bothered to let you know what the crack is.

Conversation whilst driver drops trailer:

Me: Hey drive how’s it going, you leaving that there all night.

Mr Frosty: Yeah and I’m parking in another spot.

Me: OK you leaving it running.

Mr Frosty: Yeah got to sorry.

Me: No worries it will be switched off at 10.

Mr Frosty: It won’t

Me: It will, oh and make sure you pay for 2 spaces and don’t forget you’ve had fair warning, how you wish to proceed is up to you.

Course if things get tasty I reserve the right to lock me doors and hide on me bunk…

I wholeheartedly agree with that one.

It is all down to circumstance though. I was in Orwell Crossing the other week and, as usual, I parked well out the way about 3/4 of the way down the parking area. There was loads of space left right at the far end. I was on a curtain sider so parked up next to another curtain leaving a space in between. The nearest trucks were 4 or 5 spaces down. Went for my grub and shower and on my return found a bloody HSF fridge parked between me and the other chap, fridge on full chat, curtains shut. I gave the driver a knock but after a couple of minutes trying I gave up. Jumped back in my wagon and shifted it further down the line.

Why the inconsiderate ■■■■ didn’t park down the bottom end is beyond me. I guess some folks don’t think of others. Now in my opinion, he was fair game for having the fridge turned off. I wouldn’t have done it but I wouldn’t have stopped anyone else from doing so.