Got moaned at

So I had a run from Telford to Smithfield market then hastings now run out of driving time in seven oaks and get told I should have made it further than I am.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

First of all…

Don’t stress it.

Little Billybullsetters in traffic offices are exactly that. They’re usually first out of the taxi and last to the bar kind of people, in short, tossers.

Ask him where you were supposed to be. If you’ve run straight and done all you can then, that’s all you can do. This is a pressure tactic to ensure you slog yer backside off for them every single second of the day. Don’t fall for it. If your cards are clean and you’ve observed the rules then they can go bollox mate and tell 'em they can go bollox too.Do NOT be afraid to speak your mind, being meak and subservient will only get you more work and more pretend bollockings.

You haven’t been doing this long have you.

yourhavingalarf:
First of all…

Don’t stress it.

Little Billybullsetters in traffic offices are exactly that. They’re usually first out of the taxi and last to the bar kind of people, in short, tossers.

Ask him where you were supposed to be. If you’ve run straight and done all you can then, that’s all you can do. This is a pressure tactic to ensure you slog yer backside off for them every single second of the day. Don’t fall for it. If your cards are clean and you’ve observed the rules then they can go bollox mate and tell 'em they can go bollox too.Do NOT be afraid to speak your mind, being meak and subservient will only get you more work and more pretend bollockings.

You having been doing this long have you.

2 nd week driving so learning still

Right…

Don’t stress it mate. They are plenty of blokes out there who couldn’t even find Smithfield let alone tip there.

If you stand up to whoever it is, I can assure you that they won’t speak to you like that next time.

Another handy hint, turn the works phone off when you’re parked up for the night. They don’t need to talk you in your time off.

Work is work and bo-bo’s time is bo-bo’s time. You’d do yer nut in if they came round your house and woke you up at two in the morning over a work related matter, it’s the same in the truck.

Phone OFF, duvet, jim jams and sleep mode activated.

mdourish:
So I had a run from Telford to Smithfield market then hastings now run out of driving time in seven oaks and get told I should have made it further than I am.

Good advice from last poster mate…Take it!
If you do not you are making a rod for your own back, and will be led a run ragged style life of hell.

If that had been me, I would merely replied ‘‘Well is that so mate? have a look at my tacho and it will tell you differently, my time is up I will ring you in 9/11 hours’’ and hung up. phone off.
A bonus if he is still in bed after 9 hours when you ring him.
Do not take any ■■■■, if you have done nothing wrong there is absolutely no need to.
More good advice…set your own reasonable pace and stick to it, leave the teararsing to the ■■■■ whit heroes of which there are many. :bulb:

robroy:

mdourish:

Good advice from last poster mate…Take it!
If you do not you are making a rod for your own back, and will be led a run ragged style life of hell.

If that had been me, I would merely replied ‘‘Well is that so mate? have a look at my tacho and it will tell you differently, my time is up I will ring you in 9/11 hours’’ and hung up. phone off.
A bonus if he is still in bed after 9 hours when you ring him.
Do not take any [zb], if you have done nothing wrong there is absolutely no need to.
More good advice…set your own reasonable pace and stick to it, leave the teararsing to the [zb] whit heroes of which there are many. :bulb:

Where’s the “like” button?

OP, I bet your co. have one of those trackers that “keep track” of your driving time. I had a similar instance whereby I was told I had x driving time left, when got back to the yard, I did a printout and proved that their software is utter ■■■■■■ Never had a problem after that :wink:

All good advice what you should do is always be on time for dels after that its mostly out off your hands and always try to get to where you are going to park with time to spare nothing worse than running to the limit to park up for the night and try to park where its best for you not the traffic office don’t be tempted to run over or fly about for the traffic office once you do they will take the ■■■■

BIG AW:
All good advice what you should do is always be on time for dels after that its mostly out off your hands and always try to get to where you are going to park with time to spare nothing worse than running to the limit to park up for the night and try to park where its best for you not the traffic office don’t be tempted to run over or fly about for the traffic office once you do they will take the ■■■■

+1 I’d rather stop some where good and start early next day than go to wire and have a bad sleep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How far should you have got exactly? How does he know any hold ups youve had re traffic or getting tipped? All good advice in the above posts but if you keep getting cr@p drive it back to the yard any deliveries left bend him over, shove them up there and bang them well home with a tent peg mallet. Its a drivers market out there, theres plenty more jobs where that one came from…

Tell him you don’t fly a Chinook, it says ERF on the front grille not RAF.
I know what happened, your planning muppet lied to his customer, promising a miracle that couldn’t be done so now turns it around to blame you .
Stop when you want .You have the keys in charge of the wagon .
Drivers welfare is more important than some pallets with useless tat from Taiwan.
Shower,decent food, secure parking is the order of the day.
The big boss won’t worry if you are in an urine soaked layby with a hedge for number two,s .

It’s having office staff who treat drivers like this that is one of the reasons many find the industry ■■■■. Also the reason some drivers will just keep getting infringements because they won’t say no it can’t be done to the office. I’m sat having a break now which will make me an hour late for my delivery. Had I continued I would have arrived there with 2 mins to spare which wouldn’t then give me enough time to manoeuvre in the yard and then get out and find somewhere to park afterwards. So screw it! Break now so I’m running legal. Remember if DVSA pull you it’s your card and you who has to justify yourself to them, not that person in the office who is pressuring you. So just keep plodding on with it and make sure you keep yourself the right side of the rules. Booking times and where a planner wants you to get to come second!

You having been doing this long have you.
[/quote]
2 nd week driving so learning still

[/quote]
Well done for not blowing your gasket at the traffic office (sure some only love to try and get you to bite) for just your second week it is a scary learning curve. You did what you could and ran out of time there is nothing else you can do. We all still learn every day on this job, just your replies to little jumped up wannabes get more sarcastic as you age! Just chill and tomorrow’s another day. Ask him where should you have been and what did you miss :laughing:

What■■? Iv read your other thread and understand yesterday was you first ever day on tramping.
Right my advice is,
1,Don’t listen to him,he is trying it on to make you race around.
2,Park where you are happy,not the office,I dont mean running miles off route,just don’t go past a decent spot to get to a lay by because you have 10 minutes driving left…
3,If you think a route is going to be impossible say so at the time,don’t do what many do and chase impossible times.
4,just get your head down and do your job,if your not pulling up to sleep all the time and only taking your required breaks there is nothing they can do.
5,And finally if it turns out to be a crap job look for another,Iv seen many a driver get ground down in a job they hate,I was one of them but did something about it…

Best of luck

Are you based on Halesfield Ind Est Telford?

Before taking any of the advice above, I would just have a chat with the caller when I got back to the office.

I wouldn’t go in all gun’s blazing, just explain what you did and ask what was expected of you.

Just do it face to face, 99% of people that get funny on the phone will be ok face to face. you will then get some idea as to whether this job is worth sticking with…

Darkside:
Before taking any of the advice above, I would just have a chat with the caller when I got back to the office.

I wouldn’t go in all gun’s blazing, just explain what you did and ask what was expected of you.

+1
Better to stay calm and get the facts right first before launching any verbal. Plenty internet heros will load the bullets then let you fire the gun.
You might have picked him up wrong or he might have misunderstood what was to be unloaded or whatever but finding out why he thinks you should be further ahead is the first thing. If he is being an arse, then is the time for telling him straight but get the facts right first

all the above advice is spot on…sometimes planners dont like to be spoken back to…they like to feel like theyre in charge…so one further piece of advice Phone if your delayed, or better still…phone after every tip and collection…that way they can have no excuse for not knowing where you are, or whats expected of you. If theyre the type of company that have trackers in their vehicles, then no need to phone as they can see where you are and where you have been. If they are just being a nuisance…turn off the phone whilst driving…and dont forget to call them at home when you are starting off in the mornings…especially around 4-5 am i find the best.

The-Snowman:

Darkside:

+1
Better to stay calm and get the facts right first before launching any verbal. Plenty internet heros will load the bullets then let you fire the gun.
You might have picked him up wrong or he might have misunderstood what was to be unloaded or whatever but finding out why he thinks you should be further ahead is the first thing. If he is being an arse, then is the time for telling him straight but get the facts right first

To be fair the advice I gave him did not involve firing any bullets or any effin and jeffin, it was quite constructive in fact, telling the guy on the phone you were fully aware of what was on the tacho and that you had no intention of teararsing to meet schedules and that you would ring him as soon as duty time re.started.
As for being an internet hero, I can fully assure you I WOULD say that, and have said similar in the past.
If I have done something wrong that is different, I will.(and have) take the consequences.
The point I was making was he had done nothing wrong, so re.acting as such was acceptable.
What he does on return to base was never discussed, but yeh, I agree he should non agressively confront him.

I used to do Smithfield on a regular basis and there is no way of knowing how long you will be there. Queues round the block; waiting for a forkie and waiting while they count the chickens - or straight in; bish bash bosh, and on yer way mate.

On the upside, you get to see the girls in their micro skirts and pink hair staggering out of the night clubs.

robroy:

The-Snowman:

Darkside:

+1

To be fair the advice I gave him did not involve firing any bullets or any effin and jeffin, it was quite constructive in fact, telling the guy on the phone you were fully aware of what was on the tacho and that you had no intention of teararsing to meet schedules and that you would ring him as soon as duty time re.started.
As for being an internet hero, I can fully assure you I WOULD say that, and have said similar in the past.
If I have done something wrong that is different, I will.(and have) take the consequences.
The point I was making was he had done nothing wrong, so re.acting as such was acceptable.
What he does on return to base was never discussed, but yeh, I agree he should non agressively confront him.

Sorry Rob, wasnt meaning you.
Your advice was constructive in a firm but fair sense.
I was meaning the usual “id have pulled him over the desk and told him to stick his job” merchants who’d in reality give it “yes sir, no sir, sorry sir” in the bosses office.
Sorry for the confusion if you thought I was having a pop at you