YouTube Vlogs

I’m new to the hgv world having only recently last year passed my class 2 (cat c) but one thing that can’t be left unsaid is the help I got from youtube truckers, certainly ‘luke c in hgv’.
Just watching the videos gave me what to expect from day to day work as a driver and the struggles I would have to overcome each day, do any of you follow the vlogs of luke c or trucker jay? :smiley:

If you take any notice of that ■■■■■■ trucker jay you will be on the dole before you know it !! …

I dont think Im in the target audience for Luke C, so won`t comment too much. Trucker Jay has been mentioned from time to time on this forum. . . A search might give you an idea of how highly regarded he is by the great majority here?

EDIT- no need to search too far then. . .

raymundo:
If you take any notice of that ■■■■■■ trucker jay you will be on the dole before you know it !! …

I wish you would get off that fence raymundo :smiley: ,

To be fair, trucker jay videos I regard more for entertainment purposes, but luke c I think is excellent!

Tuckert92:
To be fair, trucker jay videos I regard more for entertainment purposes, but luke c I think is excellent!

John Cleese, hopping mad, and beating a car with a stick on a film set is entertainment. . . . .Re-read Raymondo for the entertainment value of driving a real truck, on a real road, like an arrogant clown.

I’ve dabbled in making vlogs but I’m now on nights and doing boring trunk runs, not very entertaining.

Radar19:
I’ve dabbled in making vlogs but I’m now on nights and doing boring trunk runs, not very entertaining.

Wasnt "Night Boring" the title of Dipper Daves last offering? Not as entertaining as his “Back Door Bashing” maybe.

Fastasfox and Luke c are sound !

That Fastasfox clown was crying like a baby when Trucker J got it in the neck for driving like a bellend.

Pretty cringeworthy really.

eagerbeaver:
Pretty cringeworthy really.

It’s better than borethenation street pal.

Never been there mate. Where is it?

Check out this old thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=127608&p=1991231#p1991231

I’ve watched a lot of Luke C & fastafox. Fox being my favourite. Has given me a great insight into the work that I’d one day like to get into - considering i have no background in hgv driving.

I’ve watched some of trucker Jay, but he seems to come across as an agressive and over confident driver. Maybe a natural trait of him being younger. That said, i never really get that impression of Luke C and think he’s in early 20’s…

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Might take this opportunity to throw my name into the hat!

Haven’t done any yet this year as I’ve only just started back on the road, but if you want to see some bits and pieces from someone working in the music/entertainment industry i tend to release a couple of videos a month.

Fastasfox is worth a watch, especially now with his class 1 under his belt. I used to like some of trucker jays stuff but i found him too aggressive of a driver to watch any more. By all means check him out, i believe he’s recently passed his class 1 as well so maybe his videos will change a bit.

But heres a link to my last video from 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=0I83gh3x5HY

Also, a few hints to a new driver:

Don’t rush! All you achieve by rushing anything is damage and frustration. Take as much time as you need, wether thats reversing somewhere, loading something, driving around town. Better to be a little slower and safe than end up crashing into something or not securing a load properly.

Get out and have look, doesn’t matter how many times. If you aren’t sure of whats behind you or you think there might be something behind you that you might hit, get out and look. Many times ill be backing up to a loading dock or whatever and get out 3 or 4 times as I’m going back to check how far off i am.

Drive sensibly, don’t bully cars even if they are doing a criminally slow speed on a motorway or whatever. Leave a gap and overtake them once you’ve got a gap next to you. Always be looking as far ahead on the road as you can, forward planning is everything and if you can see traffic slowing way up ahead you can anticipate what to do way quicker than the average car driver.

Mirrors mirrors mirrors! Mirrors and indicators are your friend. Tell people what you’re doing, and double check those blind spots. Also, don’t be afraid at a junction or roundabout to take/hog as much of the road as you need, sometimes taking up both entry lanes on a roundabout is the best option to stop cars from creeping down either side of you while you’re busy looking for a gap.

Watched a shedload over the past few months. My ‘Favourites’ would be Russell Worthing and Luke Vernon.

Rock God used to do some good videos, doesn’t upload much any more but a video pops up every now and then.

andy_s:
Watched a shedload over the past few months. My ‘Favourites’ would be Russell Worthing and Luke Vernon.

Them 2 are very good as is fastasfox, also type in steve palmer, his vlogs are excellent

eddster1979:

andy_s:

Them 2 are very good as is fastasfox, also type in steve palmer, his vlogs are excellent

Cheers for that, will look him up. Fastasafox is ok as well but I found Luke C initially worth a watch but he’s starting go off on a tangent with asking for people to give him money. Each to their own but not my cup of tea.