Forth road bridge closed - merged

To anyone this may help the forth road bridge is closed a currie european was blown over to the wrong side of the carrageway.There is a link but dont know how to put it on here but i would not like to have been in it for the ride but have the pic from twitter

Ignoring bridge closed to HGV signs then getting blown over must open this driver up to all sorts of recovery and insurance claims I presume.
It was blowing a hooley last night so why did he even try? Stupidity, ignorance, selfishness or lack of experience? Hard lesson though!

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

The bridge will be closed for most of the day, the recovery crane cant operate in high winds.Make of that what you will.

Forth Road Bridge closes as lorry blown over
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38575843

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh boss I need a new wing mirror why what you hit nowt the unit is lying on it :grimacing: :grimacing:

Munchkin:
Ignoring bridge closed to HGV signs then getting blown over must open this driver up to all sorts of recovery and insurance claims I presume.
It was blowing a hooley last night so why did he even try? Stupidity, ignorance, selfishness or lack of experience? Hard lesson though!

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Another asset to the profession.

The driver is a ■■■■■■■ ring piece putting their own and others people’s lives in danger and now causing traffic chaos around Fife. I was parked up at Krikcaldy last night and the wind didn’t start until about 22:00 but was then non stop until about 05:00 this morning.
I was unit only and almost felt the truck go over at least 5 times through the night :blush:

Currie European… crap wages so high chance it’s a foreigner. All the high wind warnings/bridge closure to high sides warnings don’t matter a jot if you don’t understand the lingo they are written in.

I don’t gee a ■■■■ I’m off the day enjoy yourself ■■■■■■■ :laughing:

Munchkin:

And a dangerous driving charge.

Past example of a van driving being convicted of DD for being blown over on FRB here: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-e … e-29697028

He deserves to have the book thrown at him. Very lucky to be alive, blown from north carriageway across high grating onto south carriageway, good job it wasn’t blowing the other way.

pepsifarr:
He deserves to have the book thrown at him. Very lucky to be alive, blown from north carriageway across high grating onto south carriageway, good job it wasn’t blowing the other way.

There was one that went over on the Humber bridge after ignoring the warnings and he got blown over onto the spans almost hanging over the edge. Think it was last year.

I’m stuck in the traffic and have been queuing from Rosyth and it goes all the way to the Kinkcardine bridge. I’ve got a drop in Biggar then back up to Methill so I’ve got it all again coming back as they wont get the crane to right the truck until the wind dies down which could be all day :confused:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I’m stuck in the traffic and have been queuing from Rosyth and it goes all the way to the Kinkcardine bridge. I’ve got a drop in Biggar then back up to Methill so I’ve got it all again coming back as they wont get the crane to right the truck until the wind dies down which could be all day :confused:

I’d be trying to get the drop in methil done while you are in that area. I know there’s probably a good reason for going to biggar then back up to fife again, but bugger sitting in the queues twice.

damoq:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

I’d be trying to get the drop in methil done while you are in that area. I know there’s probably a good reason for going to biggar then back up to fife again, but bugger sitting in the queues twice.

It’s our other yard mate and I’m going back to pick up a stock transfer to go back down to Barnsley. Contemplating going upto Perth and Kinross and go back into Methill that way than wait in the queues again as its in for the day.

seen this imagine looking down that gap its a long way down

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

damoq:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

It’s our other yard mate and I’m going back to pick up a stock transfer to go back down to Barnsley. Contemplating going upto Perth and Kinross and go back into Methill that way than wait in the queues again as its in for the day.

Don’t think the bridge will be open any time soon so the diversion route will be murder all day. I’d go the way you suggested. I went from Eurocentral to my first drop in Dundee this morning via Stirling/Perth and didn’t get held up once. I’ll be going the same way back once I’m loaded here in Aberdeen.

Took me 4 hours from Hamilton to Glenrothes this morning, so when I finnished in Glenrothes I cut across to Perth to head south and the traffic has been ok so far.
So definately worth considering the Perth route for Methil.

It’s being reported that the lorry has been moved off the central barrier, which will take several hours to repair, but it’s still too windy to lift it.
And not surprisingly, the driver has been charged with dangerous driving.

Glen A9:
It’s being reported that the lorry has been moved off the central barrier, which will take several hours to repair, but it’s still too windy to lift it.
And not surprisingly, the driver has been charged with dangerous driving.

Knowing Curries and their driver situation the driver will out in another lorry on the nightshift tonight if they could get away with it!

Probably tipped at Amazon or swapped a trailer at there place in Glenrothes/Kirkcaldy and had a collection out of the packaging place in Edinburgh they load from.

They do start a lot of new drivers too I believe.

I went over bridge empty about 11pm and it was a bit blowy , stopped at newbridge for 15 then came back out on to m8 and all hell had broke loose in the space of those 15 mins , i had to get off motorway or i was going to go over . What possesed this guy to do what he did is beyond me■■?.