New Sponsor- Pertemps

We are pleased to welcome Pertemps as the new sponsor of this forum. Our sponsors enable us to keep this forum free to use. If you are looking for agency/temporary work why not check their website out and see if they are a good fit for you.

i for one welcome pertemps to the site, I now look forward to their published terms and conditions, so we can see exactly what an agency should be offering in exchange for a fair days or nights work, not the £ and pence, but the up front times and duties expected, especially for the people looking for a start not the greener grass jumpers.

Is this something kind of joke, Rikki?

I’m sure pertemps are just as bad as all the rest.

Scum

Pertemps Leicester a few years ago - promised me this and that … none of it materialised

Pertemps Spalding…

Lied and lied and lied.

Couldn’t spot the truth if it came up and punched them in the face.

I’ve said before that Pertemps was the best agency I ever worked for, while I worked for them I was never messed about and the money was always spot on, I couldn’t fault them.

The only reason I left them was because I had an opportunity of regular work at a place I liked, but to get the regular work I had to go with the companies main agency so had to leave Pertemps.

ROG:
Pertemps Leicester a few years ago - promised me this and that … none of it materialised

Same for the office in Manchester, Just seemed to be the group of people that like saying to their clients, we have xYz drivers on our books.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Is it April yet

Apologies to the mods in advance…

AGENCY PARASITES!

Will they be offering work to the newly qualified or is it going to be the same ■■■■■■■■ you need 2 years experience?

LE1erRE:
Will they be offering work to the newly qualified or is it going to be the same ■■■■■■■■ you need 2 years experience?

Which forum they’re sponsoring should go some way to answering that, and no I don’t believe it’s because the newbie forum already has a sponsor, I’m sure this lot would be happy having 40 sponsors per forum section let alone just two.

Which forum they’re sponsoring should go some way to answering that

Good point Reef but even so any organisation that supports this website, especially an employment agency, should be prepared to support newly qualified. Even the pros on this forum once upon a time were newly qualified and if they were stiffed by employment agencies including this one then its taking the ■■■■ to be supporting the site.

I’ve sent this outfit my CV (for warehouse work) and don’t even get a response out of them. Maybe it’s a ■■■■ CV but they could at least have the common courtesy to tell me that.

LE1erRE:
any organisation that supports this website, especially an employment agency, should be prepared to support newly qualified

Why ?

It would be a bit like Pete supporting the website and going out of his way to deter people from pursuing a career in the industry.

They are an employment agency after all. They want something for there support. Free publicity. I gather they want people to contact them and ask for jobs. As Reef said maybe they are only offering/promoting their services to the professionals with the experience and stuff the newbies. If that is the case they should come out and say so.

Going by the comments from the pros many of them don’t seem to be impressed with pertemps even if you have had a good experience with them.

If a medical school graduate went to an agency and asked for a job would they say no you need two years experience.

LE1erRE:
They want something for there support. Free publicity.

Im pretty sure they’ll be paying to sponsor the forum so its hardly free publicity. Thats how sponsorship works

I doubt it’s a charitable donation.

LE1erRE:
I doubt it’s a charitable donation.

Of course it’s not a charitable donation, when a company sponsors a forum they’re basically paying to advertise to a selective audience, having their name over the forum is an advertisement for the sponsor and I’m sure they hope it will get them some good will in the process.

Companies pay to sponsor forums because it’s good business for them, sponsoring a forum gives them no more obligation to the members of the forum than than any other company has, it’s just a method of advertising to a selected audience.

If it was Burger King tachograph then I would agree with you. But it is an employment agency that has a direct bearing on the members of this forum so you would expect them to be supportive of the newly qualified.

Just like you would expect them to treat the pros with honesty and integrity.

If Burger King could make money by sponsoring a drivers forum I’m sure they’d do it, but they still wouldn’t give priority to drivers in the queue or tell them what [zb] they’re putting in the burgers :wink:

I’ve no idea whether the sponsor of this forum supports new drivers or not, but if they do it will be for the same reason as any other forum sponsor and in fact any other business … because it’s good for business and they can, or hope to, make money from it.

Sorry mate but that’s just the way the world works :wink:

Anyway this is beginning to look like I’m supporting agencies and that’s never going to happen, I regard all agencies as parasites on the back of the working class, but like I said this particular agency was the best I worked for, perhaps I was just lucky, who knows :wink:

Na I’ve worked the agency route for years. It’s just telling them not to lie as they’ll always be found out and that’s when the brown stuff fly