Put thee feet up......

I was coming down from Gateshead to leeds on the A1 late on this morning. Going through the road works between Barton and Leeming, in the inside lane doing 45/46 mph with a couple of cars in front of me when an artic comes tanking past in the outer lane. Now this mildly wound me up as it states width restrictions regularly on the lanes through the road works.
Anyhoo, once through the other side and Mr in-a-rush isn’t as quick as he thinks, as I over took him I couldn’t help but notice the drivers seat right back, steering wheel extended out and his foot on the dash with no shoes on :open_mouth: now I’m a relative newcomer to this goods vehicles lark having had my license 18 months but is this a common practice? I could only imagine the fall out at work if our driver trainer found out we did this or if we were doing this and had an accident.
I did get the company name and the vehicle registration but I’m loathed to say owt as I’m not the grassing type.
Is this really an acceptable style of driving and should I just ■■■■ it up?

If you are ‘not the grassing type’, why did you bother noting the company and reg no?

Pretty common behaviour it seems , couple of years ago Bidvest driver on the M40 , foot on dash and texting at same time :unamused:
Wasn’t in the roadworks tho so I guess it’s ok :angry:

If the driver on the A34 a month or two ago now…

Had been ‘grassed up’ by another driver, perhaps a family of four might not have been wiped out by a driver allegedly looking for music on his phone.

I’d have been on the phone straight away.

you only need one foot if its an automatic :smiling_imp: :wink:

Which bit are you intending grassing him up for exactly?
The crap driving or the fact he had his seat right back relaxing…etc etc.
Not a fan or practitioner of ■■■■ poor driving, but if it’s the latter you object to, you best grass me up as well then. I drive with seat back, lounging, shoes off, and been known to have foot on dash before now.
Never been a one to have nose to screen gripping the wheel for dear life, with hands at 10 to 2 tbh, done ok so far with no probs.
As for his driving, if he didn’t ditch you, knock your mirror off, cut in on you, or whatever, I would respectfully suggest you just let him get on with it mate.

robroy:
Not a fan or practitioner of ■■■■ poor driving, but if it’s the latter you object to, you best grass me up as well then. I drive with seat back, lounging, shoes off, and been known to have foot on dash before now.
Never been a one to have nose to screen gripping the wheel for dear life, with hands at 10 to 2 tbh, done ok so far with no probs.
As for his driving, if he didn’t ditch you, knock your mirror off, cut in on you, or whatever, I would respectfully suggest you just let him get on with it mate.

^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagerbeaver:
If you are ‘not the grassing type’, why did you bother noting the company and reg no?

It had a personal plate that’s not exactly hard to remember. I’ve not written it down but I do have a decent enough memory to remember things that grab my attention…sorry.

I’ll wind my neck in and carry on as usual then :sunglasses:

Christ… if they could have seen us 20+ years ago. … rolling a ■■■. Drinking coffee. Talking on the cb. Feet on dash. Eating a sandwich. Changing the station on an analog radio…
Finding your way around with a map on the steering wheel…

You ■■■■■ don’t know you’re born.

Start worrying when this guy passes you.

youtu.be/krezrVNW5DY

Well this thread nails the case for in-cab driver facing cameras… well done :unamused:

the nodding donkey:
Christ… if they could have seen us 20+ years ago. … rolling a ■■■. Drinking coffee. Talking on the cb. Feet on dash. Eating a sandwich. Changing the station on an analog radio…

…while reading a book :smiley: .

carryfast-yeti:

the nodding donkey:

…while reading a book :smiley: .

And making said sandwich :slight_smile:

SuperMultiBlue:
Well this thread nails the case for in-cab driver facing cameras… well done :unamused:

I’m starting to see why a lot of drivers don’t want them…and it’s nowt to do with privacy issues.

robroy:

It’s idiots like you robroy that think you know it all that one day will wipe a family out and end up in prison, you won’t be so cocky then will you? I drive now like I did when I first passed my test 20 years ago, it’s the only way!!

Please … don’t start the ‘no shoes on’ thing again :unamused:

Mickey mouse:

robroy:

It’s idiots like you robroy that think you know it all that one day will wipe a family out and end up in prison, you won’t be so cocky then will you? I drive now like I did when I first passed my test 20 years ago, it’s the only way!!

I don’t know it all by any means mate, nor do I profess to.

I said I like to drive in a comfortable manner, you are obviously so stupid that you can not differentiate comfort from alertness, nor equate the two. :stuck_out_tongue:
If the only way you can keep alert is to drive like a learner that is your way.
And it’s not ‘‘the only way’’ it’YOUR way …not mine.

I’ll put a spike in my seat and stick it up my arse while driving just to keep me active and awake, oh and I’ll start wearing a hi viz for good measure …thanks for the heads up. :wink:

Ffs :unamused:

I highly doubt I could get my foot up on the dash if I tried, and I’d bet even if I did then the circulation would’ve gone in my foot in under five minutes anyway, sigh getting old obviously…

Bloke passes you in a 50 mph zone as you are doing 45/46 and you want to phone his boss,WTF is the world coming to. :unamused: