Wincanton Lagarge contract

Anyone work on this contract ,I’ve just passed the phone interview and now the manager wants a one to one interview and driving assessment,the wages seem low at £11 an hour ,anyone have any ideas about hours worked ,bonuses etc thanks

Wages seem low?.Seems from what is normally posted on here that is’nt so bad…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Did you check if there’s overtime and if they deduct for breaks?
I never used to think much of the deduction for breaks… Then I worked it out lol!

Plus what is the overtime rate?
Is it a quid on the standard, or something decent.

Then you have to find out how it’s paid, per day, per week or accumulated hours over the month. :imp:

After that you get into the realms of holiday pay…
Is it based on your average, or are they trying to ignore this and fobbing you off with basic hours. :imp:

overtime is time and a quarter on a Saturday and time and half on a Sunday but they very rarely work weekends ,and I’m sure he said breaks are deducted ,I’m trying to remember everything he said ,anyone doing cement tankers on here

My last job before I retired was on agency, working for Lafarge Cement at Northfleet Kent [now shut down].
I was on £ 13.50 per hour + time and half for Sats & Suns. that was in 2007. Guaranteed 50 Hr week.
Not chased ,relaxed atmosphere, very rare to go over 10 Hr shift unless you wanted to.

gaz1668:
Anyone work on this contract ,I’ve just passed the phone interview and now the manager wants a one to one interview and driving assessment,the wages seem low at £11 an hour ,anyone have any ideas about hours worked ,bonuses etc thanks

Haha iv written a similar topic today got the exact same phone call it’s probably the same chap… Sounds ok doesn’t it? I’d be based at the Walsall depot if I get the job

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Berty:

gaz1668:

Haha iv written a similar topic today got the exact same phone call it’s probably the same chap… Sounds ok doesn’t it? I’d be based at the Walsall depot if I get the job

I spoke to a guy called Martin yesterday about it ,but the job I spoke about was based in the north west ,Walsall is about to far South for me :smiley:

gaz1668:

Berty:

gaz1668:

I spoke to a guy called Martin yesterday about it ,but the job I spoke about was based in the north west ,Walsall is about to far South for me :smiley:

Ye he mentioned it’s a massive contract all over the uk they just got a new contract lasting 6 years… the places they collect/deliver from are hope sites and some are a ■■■■■■■ to get too especially the one in Derbyshire I know this cus I delivered platforms to many of them back when I was on plant… upsides are no swapping trailers, same truck with minimal handball

It does sound quite a good job I just wished the money was abit better

gaz1668:

£11 an hour isn’t that bad mate… limited drivers get that doing general for agencies

Berty:

gaz1668:

£11 an hour isn’t that bad mate… limited drivers get that doing general for agencies

If you can get guaranteed 50 hours a week it’s good but not so good if it’s about 40

gaz1668:

Berty:

gaz1668:

If you can get guaranteed 50 hours a week it’s good but not so good if it’s about 40

He told me it was a 48 hour week he also mentioned something about night outs… to be honest he caught me on the off as I was being tipped at the time so I wasn’t really on the ball… think if still got his number I might call him back [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

gaz1668:

Wait for your one to one ,that way you have the chance to ask all the questions you want and get the answer straight from the horse mouth.
Asking on here you only get a rough idea or opinions which can vary from the positive to the negative depending on why they left in the first place or if the replies are RDC gossip

lolipop:

gaz1668:

Wait for your one to one ,that way you have the chance to ask all the questions you want and get the answer straight from the horse mouth.
Asking on here you only get a rough idea or opinions which can vary from the positive to the negative depending on why they left in the first place or if the replies are RDC gossip

Great advice mate I will do just that ,cheers

Anyone take the Lafarge job ? interested to know the usual info, cheers

Anybody on here work on this contract ?

Tony R:
My last job before I retired was on agency, working for Lafarge Cement at Northfleet Kent [now shut down].
I was on £ 13.50 per hour + time and half for Sats & Suns. that was in 2007. Guaranteed 50 Hr week.
Not chased ,relaxed atmosphere, very rare to go over 10 Hr shift unless you wanted to.

I’ve got involved with a couple of different things involving Cannotwin and ‘not chased’ seems to no longer be a concept they are aware of. On one job I was called 6 times over 2 trips from Greenford to Plumstead.

Wincanton are a good lot to work for the money and the motors are good, also home every night. Only downside you don’t get paid breaks but a lot of places do it now.

westermant:
Wincanton are a good lot to work for the money and the motors are good, also home every night. Only downside you don’t get paid breaks but a lot of places do it now.

Some nights out on this contract i was informed