Could you seriously sleep through this

Seen one of our trucks early hours this morn minus it’s headlights :open_mouth: , he’d parked on 57 nr sainsburys/ McDonald’s from what I could gather and they were swiped overnight
I’ve never removed a headlight from a scania so is that really possible without disturbing the driver , do folks really go out to nick headlights , never seen it myself until today

I know somebody who parked on a motorway service area in France, and when he did his walk-round checks in the morning, discovered that somebody had stolen the light bar from the front of his truck overnight.

Scania?
If so surprised you haven’t heard of this, its been going on for at least a year- well known that head lights are a target for thieves

Rikki-UK:
Scania?
If so surprised you haven’t heard of this, its been going on for at least a year- well known that head lights are a target for thieves

What on earth do they do with them? Surely anybody who has a Scania has already got headlights, why would they need another set?

Dunno… but if any owner drivers get offered a cheap set of headlights, perhaps check the provinence, like anything else in the “black economy” if people are willing to buy no questions asked , as long as its cheap, these things will happen

Rikki-UK:
Dunno… but if any owner drivers get offered a cheap set of headlights, perhaps check the provinence, like anything else in the “black economy” if people are willing to buy no questions asked , as long as its cheap, these things will happen

I don’t think a set of Scania headlghts would fit my truck. :wink:

The facelift Scania’s lights are far better than the previous models, and also have daytime running lights incorporated in the units.

Very expensive too! The bling mob will buy them no questions asked.

You could have the pair of them out in 10mins that easy and to replace them is a touch on the expensive side.I could sleep thought it i slept in all the storms that battered scotland over the winter with no hassel.

Harry Monk:

Rikki-UK:
Scania?

What on earth do they do with them? Surely anybody who has a Scania has already got headlights, why would they need another set?

It’s the xenons that get stolen and used to convert Scanias with standard headlights. Worth well over a grand a pair. Also becoming common to have the newer style Scania side skirts taken. You’d think Scania would have don’t something to secure these items better by now. And it is very easy to sleep through, both removed in very short time

A subbie came into our yard after having a night out recently at Trowel services and had his trailer rears lights stolen, just left the wires hanging.

He ended up buying a trailer light board from the services and wired it up to get to our yard while he waited for a fleet engineering company to come out and replace his rear lights.

Sad but stuff like this happens, some people sleep very light some very heavy sleepers.

So yes it is possible to not be woken up with stuff like that going on.

What would happen if you woke up halfway through the nicking process, and confronted the culprit?

If a driver can sleep through ramming 3 stationary cars on a motorway anythings possible.

Winseer:
What would happen if you woke up halfway through the nicking process, and confronted the culprit?

The scumbag doing it would wake up with a crowd standing over him!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Wasn’t there a story/thread on here years ago where a dealer was targeted and several trucks on the forecourt had their lights stolen?

Many, many years ago on Charnock Richard I was parked next to an ERF and had been chatting to the driver. When he got up next morning he fired her up and straight away she died. He tried again but same thing. He got out muttering a scuttle full only to find that not only had his diesel been nicked but they’d had his tank as well, cut straight through the straps and no one heard a thing!

Rikki-UK:
Scania?

No it’s the first I’ve heard of it or actually seen it , and our yard has been full of scanias as long as I can remember , the driver did say though it’s the second time it’s happened too him, if it is rife I’m surprised it’s not happened too me as I’m always in lay-bys and often in that area
Nb better start doing a proper walk round check from now on , not the normal fall out of bed, pee against wheel, keys in and go :wink:

peirre:
Wasn’t there a story/thread on here years ago where a dealer was targeted and several trucks on the forecourt had their lights stolen?

Yes McIlvenny Motors in Monaghan had I think it was 17 pairs stolen the xenon headlights have been targeted ever since they came Italy used to be the hotspot for having them stolen. As someone else said 10 minute job if you know what you are doing.

Harry Monk:
I know somebody who parked on a motorway service area in France, and when he did his walk-round checks in the morning, discovered that somebody had stolen the light bar from the front of his truck overnight.

I know a guy who had that done on his truck on the A1 overnight, about 2 years ago :unamused:

dozy:
Seen one of our trucks early hours this morn minus it’s headlights :open_mouth: , he’d parked on 57 nr sainsburys/ McDonald’s from what I could gather and they were swiped overnight
I’ve never removed a headlight from a scania so is that really possible without disturbing the driver , do folks really go out to nick headlights , never seen it myself until today

With the amount of so called proffesional drivers smashing into railway bridges and mowing down pedestrians, are you really going to expect them to miss a couple of headlights on a walk round check?

G’won Dozy
Fess up and say it was you who had your headlights nicked