The latest in made up laws!

Apparently VOSA are now clamping down on lorry drivers drinking energy drinks. It must be true as a YouTube comment told me so! I do love lorry drivers propensity for made up laws. Tho I think my favourite is still the £10/20/30 fine per wind of landing leg handle or not being able to take a break in drivers seat. Yours?

m.facebook.com/lorrydriverdotco … &source=48

not a good option for a role where toilets are few and far between if red bull reacts with others like it does me!

What about the one where drivers of vehicles over 7.5 tonne when passing lay-bys full of caravans between 22:00 and 08:00 hrs must sound their horn.

I think the Law of Gravity & Physics needs to be taught in the next DCPC class, judging by the amount of roll overs we seem to be having.
Professional Drivers [emoji57]

Strangely enough I was reading this whilst sat in an RDC waiting room (always the best source for up to date info! ) and a driver was holding court to anyone foolish enough to have made eye contact with him. What he was telling everyone is that it’s now law for factories to provide clean and free showers for drivers.

You learn something new every day.

For me nothing beats the time I happened to mention to a guy in Tesco Livingstons waiting room that the fridge in the MAN I was driving wasnt working. He then proceeded to tell me that this was classed as a defect and I should have refused to take it out. Something about access to cool liquids during the working day (I always love the made up laws where they try to put official legal jargon in!)

That’s great, I bet he doesn’t come back to tell you where he heard it though :smiley:

Mate it’s illegal to drink energy drinks in an HGV, VOSA are cracking down on it

switchlogic:
Tho I think my favourite is still the £10/20/30 fine per wind of landing leg handle

Makes you wonder why DVSA don’t park up at places like crick and get all the road legal shunters going between depots who haven’t even done one turn to wind the legs up. Lazy [zb]

It’s legal to drive over 10 hours if your planner ok’s it. I learnt that one from this very forum. :smiley:

Captain Caveman 76:
It’s legal to drive over 10 hours if your planner ok’s it. I learnt that one from this very forum. :smiley:

I seem to remember replying to this before…Is that not what Stobarts had a reduction in its truck levels on their O licence in two depots ?

tachograph:
That’s great, I bet he doesn’t come back to tell you where he heard it though :smiley:

Mate it’s illegal to drink energy drinks in an HGV, VOSA are cracking down on it

Yup I did reply asking where he got that particular gem from. I’ll keep you posted (don’t hold your breath) :smiley:

The-Snowman:
For me nothing beats the time I happened to mention to a guy in Tesco Livingstons waiting room that the fridge in the MAN I was driving wasnt working. He then proceeded to tell me that this was classed as a defect and I should have refused to take it out. Something about access to cool liquids during the working day (I always love the made up laws where they try to put official legal jargon in!)

Yeah I too love the made up legal jargon and words they’d never normally use to try and add a sense of gravitas to what they are saying! Inevitably just makes them sound like clueless armchair lawyers.

If by some mistake your employer over pays you then it’s illegal for them to take that money back. It must be true because I heard it in a driver’s waiting room.
I made the mistake of challenging this, your employer is not allowed to make deductions without your consent but if it’s to correct an overpayment then they can.
Apparently his best mate was a top London lawyer and he’d told him so I must have been wrong.

switchlogic:
Apparently VOSA are now clamping down on lorry drivers drinking energy drinks. It must be true as a YouTube comment told me so! I do love lorry drivers propensity for made up laws. Tho I think my favourite is still the £10/20/30 fine per wind of landing leg handle or not being able to take a break in drivers seat. Yours?

Wait really? How am I going to operate the radio?

I had heard that “self ■■■■■■■■■■■■” whilst on a night out is illegal however if it is done by someone else it is legal. It’s true I heard it in a drivers rest room :smiling_imp:

the maoster:
Strangely enough I was reading this whilst sat in an RDC waiting room (always the best source for up to date info! ) and a driver was holding court to anyone foolish enough to have made eye contact with him. What he was telling everyone is that it’s now law for factories to provide clean and free showers for drivers.

You learn something new every day.

A painting factory we use does actually have a shower. Albeit an emergency shower if you get covered in the horrific chemicals.

The reduced daily rest is being binned in September. Must be 11 hours!

A printout which says it is not a legal printout is specific to DAFs (according to a driver trainer/assessor)

It is legal to run at up to 10% overweight (which a driver needed a calculator for to check 10% of 44T :laughing: )

htmldude:
Albeit an emergency shower if you get covered in the horrific chemicals.

I bet there’s still a sign saying drivers aren’t allowed to use it

3 wheeler:

Captain Caveman 76:

I seem to remember replying to this before…Is that not what Stobarts had a reduction in its truck levels on their O licence in two depots ?

Could well be, that little nugget of info did come from dozy!

Clean licence to 874,339,847 endorsement points in one hit. :blush: