HGV drivers tax rebate

Talk around the brew room about tax rebate for tramper drivers, you can claim back for uniforms, Satnav, fridges, CPC training, ADR training, TV. Average claim £3000 for the last 4 years.
Anybody done this yet, apparently the accountants take 20℅ of your claim.

Sounds possibly like a P87 tax form which doesn’t involve an accountant

backload:
Talk around the brew room about tax rebate for tramper drivers, you can claim back for uniforms, Satnav, fridges, CPC training, ADR training, TV. Average claim £3000 for the last 4 years.

i did put the phone number up once! :grimacing:

01616940188 :grimacing:

backload:

I know you can claim for washing a uniform or buying work clothes and boots, unless your employer gives you an allowance or reimbirsement.

I think fridge and TV might fall under the night subsistence allowance.

I suppose that if your employer doesn’t provide your training that could be claimed for.

In that list I’d only be able to get an allowance for washing my uniform so haven’t bothered :wink:

Does anyone else claim the 10% of their Wifes tax allowance, if your Mrs don’t use all her personal tax allowance, then she can transfer 10% to your own, My tax code this year is 1210, giving Me a tax allowance of £12100. It only amount to about £3 a week but is simple to do, and £3 pays for a costa :wink:

eddie snax:

backload:

I know you can claim for washing a uniform or buying work clothes and boots, unless your employer gives you an allowance or reimbirsement.

I think fridge and TV might fall under the night subsistence allowance.

I suppose that if your employer doesn’t provide your training that could be claimed for.

In that list I’d only be able to get an allowance for washing my uniform so haven’t bothered :wink:

Does anyone else claim the 10% of their Wifes tax allowance, if your Mrs don’t use all her personal tax allowance, then she can transfer 10% to your own, My tax code this year is 1210, giving Me a tax allowance of £12100. It only amount to about £3 a week but is simple to do, and £3 pays for a costa :wink:

Don’t have a wife :laughing: :laughing:

You can go back 7 years with tax btw

My cab has a fridge in it built in so don’t have to buy ( all should be like this )

backload:

As a normal working man you can claim back as much in expenses as an MP. Because, like Dodgy Dave said ‘We are all in this together’ :unamused:

Cwl Bacup. Pm me if you want more details

Mines in already in…at my old company we used to pay £8 tax on our night out money i was told straight away I can claim all that back…chadwicks haslingdon

backload:

If you pay 20% tax on £3000 that would mean £600 back or £150 per year, but only if you keep spending £750. How many spend that

eddie snax:

£3.25 pays for a spicy italian 6 inch at subway (a sandwich you dirty minded pricks :grimacing:). Gonna go propose now.

peirre:

I tried the P87 route but the “lovely” HMRC wanted receipts for fuel/meals etc etc back 4yrs.
CW Business Logistics got it back without all the hassle but you do pay 20% “finder’s fee”!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Mines in at the moment with cw business logistics a few of the lads at our place have already been payed out averaging £1700 each in the bank

largebloke1969:
Mines in at the moment with cw business logistics a few of the lads at our place have already been payed out averaging £1700 each in the bank

How many years are they going back? To get £1700 then 20% finders fee that’s £2000 at 20% tax rate you would have to spend £10000 that seems hell of a lot.

mac12:

largebloke1969:

How many years are they going back? To get £1700 then 20% finders fee that’s £2000 at 20% tax rate you would have to spend £10000 that seems hell of a lot.

They have gone back 4 years

Big Truck:

peirre:

I tried the P87 route but the “lovely” HMRC wanted receipts for fuel/meals etc etc back 4yrs.
CW Business Logistics got it back without all the hassle but you do pay 20% “finder’s fee”!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

^^^^20% of money you never had! I was content with what I got. Is rather pay that than the hassle of trying to do it myself.

happysack:
Is rather pay that than the hassle of trying to do it myself.

Its a simple form you fill in and post. You would have had to give these scammers the same information as you’d have to put on the form.

You’ve literally given them £100s to go online, fill in a few details and click send.

For anyone else who doesn’t want to give these scammers £100s for 5 minutes work go here:

public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/co … _1.2.3.xdp

htmldude:

eddie snax:

£3.25 pays for a spicy italian 6 inch at subway (a sandwich you dirty minded pricks :grimacing:). Gonna go propose now.

TBH I think that any recognisable relationship counts, as long as you share a residence and are financially linked, eg joint bank account, or children or joint mortgage or tenancy.

On the getting married for tax reasons, until Mr Brown got his grubby mits on it, there used to be a different rate of allowance for married couples, in the last year of the Married Mans tax allowance, the code was 702 (£7020) the following year, it was 460 (£4600), thieving git :grimacing:

I have heard like as already said, that if you try and claim direct they do ask for receipts, where as the third party can get around this, but is this just a rumour put about by these middle men.
Another question can you claim for meals if like me you are not paid a meal allowance?

largebloke1969:
They have gone back 4 years

That’s as far back as you can go with P87’s which are submitted at the end of each tax year.
It’s also not always nessesary to have the receipts for P87, but it’s a good idea to have them, as they may (but don’t always) ask for them