Straight to the point, Asda, how much per hour?

I need a change, and seeing as supermarkets are taking on, I’m thinking about jumping ship to them.
Asda just started recruiting but how much per hour?
Aldi on £11.67, Iceland £11.82.
I live in between the new Aldi RDC just off M61 and the new Asda RDC M62, so it’s a case of who pays more.

The lowest of the lowest basic rate is £11.97.

Asda pay £11.42 per hour with an additional £4.60 between 2200 and 0600. Same on Saturdays and Sundays.

mick.mh2racing:
Asda pay £11.42 per hour with an additional £4.60 between 2200 and 0600. Same on Saturdays and Sundays.

Wrong I’m afraid.

bald bloke:

mick.mh2racing:

Wrong I’m afraid.

But is he talking agency.?
Are you by the hr or salary B B?

nick2008:

bald bloke:

mick.mh2racing:

Wrong I’m afraid.

But is he talking agency.?
Are you by the hr or salary B B?

36 hr contract Nick. But the same rates as the 45 hr drivers. But anything over 36 is hourly paid of course.

bald bloke:

mick.mh2racing:

Wrong I’m afraid.

Care to elaborate? That’s what Asda pay me according to my payslip.

mick.mh2racing:

bald bloke:

mick.mh2racing:

Wrong I’m afraid.

Care to elaborate? That’s what Asda pay me according to my payslip.

Well not according to my payslip.

More or less?

mick.mh2racing:
More or less?

I’ve just said what the basic is.

Course you have matey.

mick.mh2racing:
Course you have matey.

I’m in Avonmouth different part of the country so different pay deals maybe.

In Yorkshire we’ve just had a pay increase/deal over 3 years and there are about 4 (?) incremental increases. Just had the first, can’t remember when the next one is due.
Is your shift pay addition about the same?

mick.mh2racing:

Slightly less for nights than what you quoted.

wheelyb:
I need a change, and seeing as supermarkets are taking on, I’m thinking about jumping ship to them.
I live in between the new Aldi RDC just off M61 and the new Asda RDC M62, so it’s a case of who pays more.

Simple solution apply,get the info you want at the interview if you get one,and turn down the one you don`t want.
Could be different depots different pay rates who knows until you get the answer “straight from the horse mouth”

wheelyb:

The online application is a bit long winded but take your time and if you get through that you have a very good chance of landing the job, and let’s face it if i can do it anyone should be able to. :wink:

mick.mh2racing:
In Yorkshire we’ve just had a pay increase/deal over 3 years and there are about 4 (?) incremental increases. Just had the first, can’t remember when the next one is due.

They setting on yet at normanton ■■? Last time I applied they rang me and it was a 3 months temp contract with no guarantee it would be renewed…
Just couldn’t take the risk

Thing is there’s so many companies fighting for GOOD drivers down here they gotta pay the penny,
Then when they build the Range the rate should go up a tad with luck.
As long as we don’t get another flood of cheap so called drivers from the mainland.

More companies down here are putting their English communication requirements towards the top of the list .

Things are up in the air to be honest but we’re drivers short. Asda are in the middle of changing all our rotas from 11 and 1/4 to 9 hours so all recruitment in Yorkshire is on hold. There are a couple of lads on six month temporary contracts that are renewed on the nod at the end of each term.
Complicate this with Warrington about to open which will take a lot of work from ADC so, no in answer to your question. For the short term only though, I reckon they will do soon. If I hear anything I’ll let you know. There’s a couple of other firms at Whitwood with signs outside wanting drivers if you want phone numbers mate.

mick.mh2racing:
Things are up in the air to be honest but we’re drivers short. Asda are in the middle of changing all our rotas from 11 and 1/4 to 9 hours so all recruitment in Yorkshire is on hold. There are a couple of lads on six month temporary contracts that are renewed on the nod at the end of each term.
Complicate this with Warrington about to open which will take a lot of work from ADC so, no in answer to your question. For the short term only though, I reckon they will do soon. If I hear anything I’ll let you know. There’s a couple of other firms at Whitwood with signs outside wanting drivers if you want phone numbers mate.

Thanks I’m ok where I am to be honest,I’ve just always fancied giving it a go at asda,
If things change lets us know then cheers.