Car transporter drivers making a meal of reversing

Watched one the other night at Carlisle , zb me I was out of puff watching him jumping into and out of the cab to see if he wasn’t going to ■■■■ something , it’s not as though it’s tight there :unamused:

i never seen a Car transporter reversing

dozy:
Watched one the other night at Carlisle , zb me I was out of puff watching him jumping into and out of the cab to see if he wasn’t going to [zb] something , it’s not as though it’s tight there :unamused:

Well seeing you are the expert in hitting things, buildings, vans etc when there’s plenty of room you should feel at one with him :slight_smile:

dozy:
Watched one the other night at Carlisle , zb me I was out of puff watching him jumping into and out of the cab to see if he wasn’t going to [zb] something , it’s not as though it’s tight there :unamused:

Didn’t think of getting out your cab and offering to help though. I’m quite sure a second set of eyes would’ve been most appreciated. When I see a driver struggling who isn’t quite sure what is going on at the rear of the trailer I go and help them, most of the drivers at the company I drive at do that without needing to be asked from what I’ve seen.

dozy:

Could have jumped out and aided him !! Maybe he wasn’t used to driving a wagon n drag or whatever it was as they is longer !!

If I was paid more to deliver stuff not damaged i’d be double checking where I’m reversing too.

Who knows, he could be a member on here and recognised your name plate so was making extra sure you didn’t do anything stupid to make him lose aforementioned bonus. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe Dozy did offer and when car transporter realised who he was politely declined his help for safetys sake. :smiley: :smiley:

Rather get out & make sure than be a hero & hit something. Maybe he was new to the job. Can’t all be amazing.

millsie6379:
Can’t all be amazing.

Be careful what you say on here, wouldn’t like to see you ostracised or ridiculed even by the driving Gods :laughing:

Night = dark= cannot see clearly = get out and look = :smiley:

Night = dark = cannot see clearly = stay in cab = OOPS. :frowning:

Lets see, push a normal lorry back into bushes/fence/earth bank result bit of muck on the run under bar and maybe a scratch.
Push a usually longer car transporter back into the same bay, result possible at best bent rear loading platform or underskids (which might be hydraulic) if there’s a kerb, if not then if loaded any one or more of three cars sticking out the back by up to 4ft will be hit.
Got to get it back as far as possible or some idiot is likely to clout the front peak car sticking out up to 4ft during the night.

Some drivers take a pride, not keep going till the vehicle stops at contact.
Some drivers seeing the chap doing this would have nipped out to watch him back.

Juddian:
Lets see, push a normal lorry back into bushes/fence/earth bank result bit of muck on the run under bar and maybe a scratch.
Push a usually longer car transporter back into the same bay, result possible at best bent rear loading platform or underskids (which might be hydraulic) if there’s a kerb, if not then if loaded any one or more of three cars sticking out the back by up to 4ft will be hit.
Got to get it back as far as possible or some idiot is likely to clout the front peak car sticking out up to 4ft during the night.

Some drivers seeing the chap doing this would have nipped out to watch him back.

Must say Juddian that you sprang to mind when I saw doze’s post. I’m a bit disappointed with your putdown.
What with it being aimed at Car Trans drivers…and by dozy :open_mouth: ok it was above average for some, but mate …It is you :bulb: I thought there might have been a bit more subtlty, a lot more sarcasm, and a hint of irony in your retort, but what has got me more is not a mention of Autoboxes. :open_mouth:
What were you thinking ffs man, you are losing your touch, think about what you have done and try and do better next time!

:wink: :laughing:

Btw After the ‘Why’ thread, can I just make a disclaimer that I am not attempting to upset, hurt, offend or bully you. :smiley:

Score a goal Get OUT AND LOOK.The guy is better safe than sorry.

robroy:

Juddian:

Must say Juddian that you sprang to mind when I saw doze’s post. I’m a bit disappointed with your putdown.
What with it being aimed at Car Trans drivers…and by dozy :open_mouth: ok it was above average for some, but mate …It is you :bulb: I thought there might have been a bit more subtlty, a lot more sarcasm, and a hint of irony in your retort, but what has got me more is not a mention of Autoboxes. :open_mouth:
What were you thinking ffs man, you are losing your touch, think about what you have done and try and do better next time!

Bugger…whirr tick tock rumble sizzle clatter brrrrp …ping!!! that’s it me mind or whats left of it has done it’s poor best.

Fortunately having viewed the evidence carefully through my trusty crystal ball i have come to the conclusion our intrepid skilled honest-as-the-day-is-long-guvnor handsome and well hung :open_mouth: transporter driver, they’re all like that doncha know :sunglasses: in their dreams :frowning: , was probably driving a Scani of around 06 plate vintage, he would most likely have the three pedal Opticruise box so would in fact have manual control over the clutch, now whilst not as good as a real gearbox, which could be an Eaton Twin Splitter (a full and detailed explanation of which will follow shortly :wink: which i know you’re all itching to learn about :smiling_imp: ) or a standard Fuller Road Ranger (never fear i’ll wax lyrical about that one too if you ask nicely :angry: ), or even a Spicer Splitter for the bravest amongst us, it would have given our hero infinitely better close control than any offering from the usual Scandinavian suppliers and a thousand times better than the utterly hopeless Arsetronic gearbox of doom could ever provide.

I’m so sorry RobRoy me old mate, i don’t know what came over me there, please accept my humble apologies for not helping to further the aims of the anti automatic league, i promise to endeavour to do better in the future.

And if anyone’s still reading this they’re as bloody daft as i am.

:laughing: :laughing:

Juddian:

robroy:

Juddian:

Bugger…whirr tick tock rumble sizzle clatter brrrrp …ping!!! that’s it me mind or whats left of it has done it’s poor best.

Fortunately having viewed the evidence carefully through my trusty crystal ball i have come to the conclusion our intrepid skilled honest-as-the-day-is-long-guvnor handsome and well hung :open_mouth: transporter driver, they’re all like that doncha know :sunglasses: in their dreams :frowning: , was probably driving a Scani of around 06 plate vintage, he would most likely have the three pedal Opticruise box so would in fact have manual control over the clutch, now whilst not as good as a real gearbox, which could be an Eaton Twin Splitter (a full and detailed explanation of which will follow shortly :wink: which i know you’re all itching to learn about :smiling_imp: ) or a standard Fuller Road Ranger (never fear i’ll wax lyrical about that one too if you ask nicely :angry: ), or even a Spicer Splitter for the bravest amongst us, it would have given our hero infinitely better close control than any offering from the usual Scandinavian suppliers and a thousand times better than the utterly hopeless Arsetronic gearbox of doom could ever provide.

I’m so sorry RobRoy me old mate, i don’t know what came over me there, please accept my humble apologies for not helping to further the aims of the anti automatic league, i promise to endeavour to do better in the future.

And if anyone’s still reading this they’re as bloody daft as i am.

:laughing: :laughing:

Ok Back to normal, I won’t take it any further.
Did you miss my last post/edit? :smiley:

Nah we’re tuff mother truckers, we don’t even know how to speel bulleying… :wink:

I’m going with the “respect for a careful driver and why didn’t you see if he wanted a bit of help” point of view. :slight_smile:

Juddian:
Nah we’re tuff mother truckers, we don’t even know how to speel bulleying… :wink:

Yeh, but from what I read we are a dying breed in a minority.
I’m thinking about wearing sandals, taking up eating lentils, getting some jossticks for the cab and joining the Green party
Hell man, I’ve even replaced my Razzle subscription for The Guardian. :smiley:

Wearing sandals and eating lentils Rob. Christ, you sound more like a flip flop.

Erm…I mean a fellow driver from the EE.

Disclaimer; My thoughts are my own and I do not wish to come across as a bully like Robroy. I have no idea what swan and carp taste like and would never intimate that our Euro mates eat the afore mentioned.

If you’re talking about Carlise truck stop then it can get pretty packed in there and there is no lightning either. Shows good prudence to get out and check. Especially one you have a 30k car hanging off your arse :laughing: