M6 tonight

Just heard the M6 has been closed most of the day at Tebay/Kendal, both sides. My son in law has been sat there from 2 this afternoon.
Anybody know the score.?

serious accident on the south bound carriageway. they closed the north bound so 2 air ambulance could land.
news are reporting 1 fatality and 2 more seriously injured.
r.i.p

Looks like someone had run into a recovery truck picking up a broken down car on the hard shoulder.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

3 car pileup. Has been closed since 1pm. North bound now reopened but south bound still closed,traffic being diverted onto A6 as the traffic is backed up to Jun 40 Penrith.1 fatality and 2 serious.My lad & his girlfriend have just got to Penrith.
Sorry didnt see previous post quick enough.

Local bar crack is that a Merc car has steamed through the clean-up op from an earlier bump. Already been investigated by a ■■■■-head so it must be true. :unamused:
Conditions were “atrocious” apparently. Looks like Furness Commercials from Askam way.

My thoughts are with those involved, just got home after a horrendous day assisting with this. :frowning:

Confirmed as a Traffic officer fatality and traffic officer seriously injured :frowning:

Very poor conditions at time :frowning:

What an idiot. Condolences to those that have lost.

Poor sods just doing a days work same as any of us on the road full time.
That must have been a grim shift Boss Hogg, it’s no help but we do appreciate what you lads and girls do, side of the road not a good place to be at the best of times.

I can’t be the only one who sees a completely different driving style, cars mainly, from lunch time on a Friday right through until Sunday night, its like someone throws a lemming switch and they lose all sense of proportion.
Fortunately the volume of lorries is hugely reduced at weekends so less number of accidents involving us.

speedyguy:
Confirmed as a Traffic officer fatality and traffic officer seriously injured :frowning:

Very poor conditions at time :frowning:

From my station! :frowning:

RIP TO :cry: and their colleague to get well soon.
Thoughts and condolences to family and friends and colleagues.
Support each other through this gloomy time .

Very sad, hoping the second TO makes a full recovery. Thoughts to all involved.

BBC now reporting it. :frowning:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Poor buggar. People moan about the HATO’s but at the end of the day, they are just people like us, doing there chosen profession and sometimes unfortunately, again, like some of us, do not make it home…it’s a job I wouldn’t want…ridiculed almost constantly for their failings/way of doing things or attending a simple breakdown assist, knowing that, with the amount of spanners that drive on a daily basis, death or serious injury could be a heartbeat away… Personally, I take my hats of to you guys.

I can’t be the only one who sees a completely different driving style, cars mainly, from lunch time on a Friday right through until Sunday night, its like someone throws a lemming switch and they lose all sense of proportion.

Thoughts to all concerned. Glad it’s not just me who thinks the same about the above. Same during School Holidays and Half Term etc. Scary what one sees!

Mick M

thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/ … 6/?ref=rss

Such a shame and tragic accident thoughts are with the people and familys involved the one thing i always do if it is possible and safe is pull over towards middle lane when passing broken down vechiles or recovery vechiles on the hard shoulder i always fear someone being blown out into the road while i pass so i try to make a bigger gap between me and the hard shoulder to prevent this

Post incident bulletin if any one is interested.

highways.gov.uk/traffic-info … uary-2016/

BossHogg:
Post incident bulletin if any one is interested.

highways.gov.uk/traffic-info … uary-2016/

Was the second injured person the other HATO? How are they now?
Must be hard for you guys at the moment considering you must have worked with them.

Yep he was, he’s in intensive care in hospital. :frowning: