A cyclist truck driver maybe?

news.sky.com/story/1604299/video … ough-lorry

Nah, just an impatient idiot.

I wonder how they felt the second after that happened?

A tad embarrassed maybe?
Now how do I explain this to the boss perhaps? :laughing:

Now that’s what I call split coupling :smiley:

Agency :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

What kind of fool crosses a railway line 3 seconds before a train gets there :open_mouth:

That’s going to cost quite a lot to clear up. Will the company be able to get insurance again?

tachograph:
What kind of fool crosses a railway line 3 seconds before a train gets there :open_mouth:

The ■■■■ who thinks he can do it in two :slight_smile:

tachograph:

I’m sure Dozy would blame the train company for putting train lines across his road.

I’m curious as to what broke, the fifth wheel lock or the pin ?

I have always been bemused at how small the pins are … I would have designed something double or treble the diameter.

Bluey Circles:
I have always been bemused at how small the pins are … I would have designed something double or treble the diameter.

They made the pin the size it is because it wouldn’t fit into the 5th wheel if it was much bigger :slight_smile: :wink:

tachograph:

Bluey Circles:

They made the pin the size it is because it wouldn’t fit into the 5th wheel if it was much bigger :slight_smile: :wink:

:open_mouth: I knew there was a flaw in my all new beefed up design … back to the drawing board :laughing:

mabey he just thought there were some illegals in the back and couldn’t be bothered getting them out with the baseball bat?

Bluey Circles:

Then you’d have been shunted down the tracks with your trailer. Not good if that train was doing 100mph. The pins are strong enough for day to day operation. This was not day to day operation and failure was good for the driver.

Terry T:

Bluey Circles:

Then you’d have been shunted down the tracks with your trailer. Not good if that train was doing 100mph. The pins are strong enough for day to day operation. This was not day to day operation and failure was good for the driver.

seriously man … i have a bigger can of beer in my hand as we speak … you’re may be happy with the train winning, but may be I need to drink less … LOL

Same driver on his way home.

The ease with which the trailer gets removed without dragging the tractor along i suspect our useless fellow wheel attendant had managed to connect up with the pin not fully located, had the train not collected the trailer it would probably have come adrift over the tracks anyway.

Lucky train driver, assuming he was unhurt as apparently were all passengers.

Bluey Circles:

Perhaps it’s safer that the trailer was ripped off the unit in that situation (I’m guessing it was empty; a train hitting a full load of freight would have suffered a lot more damage) and the tractor and driver were unaffected. With a stronger pin, there might have been more damage to it or the tractor itself.

Just another truck jumps red light story, I don’t see any cyclist involved.

BillyHunt:
Just another truck jumps red light story, I don’t see any cyclist involved.

I think the point is that he was behaving like a cyclist shooting across at the last second. Though he didn’t seem to be in a hurry; I think he just didn’t notice the lights.