Matt Stockdale releases statement on Twitter

twitter.com/stockdalem/status/6 … 3834305536

I can’t see any comments then again i ain’t a member of twitter.

Yeah, need to sign up to login to his site. Someone bored enough to do that? :slight_smile:

Who ■■

robroy:
Who ■■

Nob head dashcam business owner

“I honestly thought I was going to die,” he wrote in a police statement.“My life literally rushed before my eyes. Whilst that sounds dramatic, I can honestly say I have never felt fear like it. I began shaking uncontrollably.”

fingermissing:

Click on the link, then click on twitter link, then remove /?mode=edit from URL

wing-nut:

fingermissing:

Here it is;

mattstockdale.com/statement- … -stockdale

Not only is he stupid enough to think we’ll believe him, but he’s too daft to post a working like to his own web site.

Anttoeknee:

robroy:
Who ■■

“I honestly thought I was going to die,” he wrote in a police statement.“My life literally rushed before my eyes. Whilst that sounds dramatic, I can honestly say I have never felt fear like it. I began shaking uncontrollably.”

Isn’t he the one from that article when the truck ran him off the road?

Radar19:

Anttoeknee:

robroy:
Who ■■

Isn’t he the one from that article when the truck ran him off the road?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=132657

KCLeblanc:

wing-nut:

fingermissing:

Here it is;

mattstockdale.com/statement- … -stockdale

Not only is he stupid enough to think we’ll believe him, but he’s too daft to post a working like to his own web site.

And to sum it up , it’s all the BBC’s fault.

robroy:
Who ■■

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … wheel.html

Above link is another one of his stories.

Anttoeknee:
And to sum it up , it’s all the BBC’s fault.

Yet, if you watch the version of the video that he posted on YouTube himself, it makes his driving look even worse than in the clip on the BBC News website.

Anttoeknee:

robroy:
Who ■■

At least you didn’t call me a nobhead this time :wink: :laughing:

re- Stockdale statement; all very interesting and puts a very new light on the incident, and very topical to “Trucknet” when considering the thread regarding “Lorry drivers that tailgate motorists in roadworks.” So he may well have been sat at 50mph in a 50mph zone, and trucker looses plot at not being able to go faster.

He suggests that he had just left a 20 mile, controlled 50mph zone, he was heading SOUTH and his co-ordinates from the web cam would put him here
google.co.uk/maps/@52.22209 … a=!3m1!1e3
Is there currently roadworks here?

he may well have been sat there at 50 with cruise control on, and daydreaming he failed to noticed he had left the restricted area.

edited to get the direction correct

robroy:

Anttoeknee:

robroy:
Who ■■

At least you didn’t call me a nobhead this time :wink: :laughing:

Ah yes sorry it looked that way but obviously not yourself.

Bluey Circles:
He suggests that he had just left a 20 mile, controlled 50mph zone, he was heading North and his co-ordinates from the web cam would put him here
google.co.uk/maps/@52.22209 … a=!3m1!1e3
Is there currently roadworks here?

No. They were lifted before the incident, as I recall at least a week earlier, and ended over 10 miles before the GPS position the dashcam reported. There hasn’t been a 20 mile long 50MPH zone on the M1 around Northampton for weeks.

see edit above, heading south, not north

The guy is an arse hole-simples! I still maintain that if he’d been driving with good lane discipline &/or a higher speed then none of this would have happened.

image.jpeg

Looks one too

His company partner here on the BBC .

Of course he is going to promote it, he has a financial intrest in it

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=…&v=rQTYoCRG8ZI