swindon truck stop

Another one bites the dust,apparently next week 11 11 15,spoke to the fella running the shop and he says it’s being given back to sainsburys,no doubt another housing development will be built on the site,it wasn’t every drivers cup of tea but it was somewhere to put your head down,

Good riddance to the filthy ■■■■ hole. Rude staff, unreliable fuel pumps, crap shoo,crap food crap exit onto the A420, smell of rancid stale oil always in the air…no doubt the rose tinted forum will bemoan its’ loss because they spent a cold winters’ night in a Leyland in there but I certainly wont be upset at its’ passing.

Only good point was it was handy for sainsburys

Wardaddy:
Good riddance to the filthy [zb] hole. Rude staff, unreliable fuel pumps, crap shoo,crap food crap exit onto the A420, smell of rancid stale oil always in the air…no doubt the rose tinted forum will bemoan its’ loss because they spent a cold winters’ night in a Leyland in there but I certainly wont be upset at its’ passing.

Agree 100% to all the above, quicker its demolished the better chance all the rats round there will find new homes for christmas!

i once asked for egg on toast as nobody can get that wrong .

imagine my surprise when old lady walked over to big pan with long handled spoon and dug around , lifting up 2 slightly green squashed cricket balls !!

only problem is there is little choice for parking in swindon now . most estates have those wheel clamper people …

…and it was handy to pop into sainsburys

I agree, a crap hole of the highest order, just a pity it aint being replaced by something decent.

I never thought much of it and haven’t been in there for probably 20 years, except for some fuel once or twice or to use Sainsbugs cafe.

Wardaddy:
Good riddance to the filthy [zb] hole. Rude staff, unreliable fuel pumps, crap shoo,crap food crap exit onto the A420, smell of rancid stale oil always in the air…no doubt the rose tinted forum will bemoan its’ loss because they spent a cold winters’ night in a Leyland in there but I certainly wont be upset at its’ passing.

also expensive,tea was like dishwater and cost a pound

Every time I have been in there the kiosk and cafe has been closed!! Always when I have been needing a shower aswell!! But there again would probably catch something unsavoury!!!

another of our drivers reckons sainsburys are going as well and they will build a new store on the hotel site across the road,personally I cant see that as the hotel site is not as big

I think wherever sainsburys try to build new store , they just spend years upsetting their local customers ,

Then pull plug at last minute .

Look at sagas in bristol rovers and city .

Apparently they pulled the rovers/horfield road because they couldnt get 24/7 delivery permission

I won’t miss it. Pulled in there about 19.00 one evening earlier this year; no food (shutting early) toilets shabby, didn’t even bother with a shower. Shop shut too so nowhere to pay; still closed when I left of course so the company got a freebie. Stunk of ■■■■ on the yard too but that’s not the owners’ fault just lazy drivers.

IMO the owners have just run it into the ground for years; what could have been an absolute goldmine and a real benefit for drivers was just left to rot.

It’ll be a good earner if sains buy it and build a truck stop.

nick2008:

Should be like Tesco in Ipswich.

I was told weeks ago it was shutting

spoke to the shop guy again today and they are going to reopen but don’t know when,just have to wait and see,if sainsburys own the site then I would have thought it would be their decision

nick2008:

apparently sainsburys do own the land,ref my post about reopening

wildfire:

Now you mention it, I think the owner’s have threatened to close down before.

Wardaddy:

wildfire:

Now you mention it, I think the owner’s have threatened to close down before.

Went into the shop to take my card in and it was nearly empty. So I commented what’s going on, the little Asian guy behind the counter said nothing, but there was an older guy standing next to the counter and he said what do you think and my answer was either a refit or closing , he said your right closing down.
They had a problem a few weeks earlier with contaminated fuel and 6 trucks broke down after filling up, they then shut the pumps for a couple of weeks while it was sorted out.

Woeful place. If it will disappear and not be listed on any Phillips truck maps anymore at least it’s no longer luring new lorry drivers under false pretences. First went there early 2000s in a Scania 143 pulling boxes and flats. Went there again 12 years later in a DAF auto fridge. The vehicle had come on leaps and bounds technology wise, however Swindon was a worse crap hole than when I remembered. Run so far to the ground I’m suprised they bothered. Only single good thing was ability to park for a 45.

Other crap hole that did my nut in was that place near Peterborough, stibbington “diner”!■■ Diner, ha. What a laugh! I love proper truck stops but the good ones have vanished.