Dash cams

Hi every one
I’m looking for a new dash camera for my wagon, anyone got any good suggestions which to get , I’ve never owned one before, don’t know if there’s a thread about it sorry to bring it up again but can’t find anything , cheers

Eprance g1w from Amazon. About £40. Far better than most double the price or more.
I speak from experience with over 30 cameras tested from all price points.

Great thank you I’ll have a look

109LWB:
Eprance g1w from Amazon. About £40. Far better than most double the price or more.

I have the E-prance too, can’t fault the picture quality. here’s the video that helped me make up my mind on it.

Brilliant cheers mate

Depends how much you wanna spend mate… Had one of them G1W C’s… seemed ok for a few days before going ■■■■ up… bad one me thinks

Spend a little more say £50 and get a Mobius… double that and add some and get a Nextbase 402G… you really pay for what you get plus remember to have more than one SD card with you

Might have a look at forum.dashcamtalk.com/ see if that helps :grimacing:

Swampey2418:
Had one of them G1W C’s… seemed ok for a few days before going ■■■■ up… bad one me thinks

Guarantee it was a bad one, either that or I was lucky and got a good one, mines functioned perfectly every day since the day I got it and I got mine last year!

The next base 402g uses exactly the same internals as the g1w. Only difference is the casing and name.

I had an eprance…worked fine for 3 months then started freezing…then about 6 months in packed up totally, won’t even turn on.

109LWB:
The next base 402g uses exactly the same internals as the g1w. Only difference is the casing and name.

Plus is has GPS and logs your speed… end of the day its a far better product… G1W is fine if you want something cheap…

Reef:

109LWB:

I have the E-prance too, can’t fault the picture quality. here’s the video that helped me make up my mind on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo76bkytA3o

Gotta say that’s what I have in the car .
Set to come on when the ignition is turned on and off when it’s off.
It’s a fiddle around with camera to start with but once you set it to what you want that’s it.

Sound quality is poor when watching back on the device but crystal when plugged in to the laptop.
£40 from Amozon.

I picked up a G1W up on eBay for £16.50!

I’m actually in a bit of a dilemma lately as I’ve decided there is just as likely a chance an idiot will be behind me as in front of me, so I’m thinking of whether to get another e-prance for the back because my car has a 12v socket in the parcel area and I have not actually had any issues with my one in the front (though I do take on board what others have said about theirs failing so soon)

Or do I go down the route of a two in one camera (has a little camera that you mount in the back and is plugged into the main unit) the main advantage that I can see is that the audio and video are already synced so no faffing around with a movie editing suite.

Anyone got the two in one type (cheap as possible) and anything good to say about them?

Duel camera’s that’s when the word cheap doesn’t come in to it…

Might be a good idea to get body cameras as well like the police. Then we can record loading and unloading and the actions of FLT drivers. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

alder:
Might be a good idea to get body cameras as well like the police. Then we can record loading and unloading and the actions of FLT drivers. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I already have a couple of gopro’s with chest harnesses

Swampey2418:

109LWB:

Plus is has GPS and logs your speed… end of the day its a far better product… G1W is fine if you want something cheap…

Please trust me, the sensor, lens and processor, which are what basicly makes the camera is identical between the two. So the image quality, file size, menu system, bitrate, processing etc are the same between them. If you want to pay an extra £100 for gps, then great, get the 402, otherwise you are paying a hell of a lot more for the same thing.

Reef:
I’m actually in a bit of a dilemma lately as I’ve decided there is just as likely a chance an idiot will be behind me as in front of me, so I’m thinking of whether to get another e-prance for the back because my car has a 12v socket in the parcel area and I have not actually had any issues with my one in the front (though I do take on board what others have said about theirs failing so soon)

Or do I go down the route of a two in one camera (has a little camera that you mount in the back and is plugged into the main unit) the main advantage that I can see is that the audio and video are already synced so no faffing around with a movie editing suite.

Anyone got the two in one type (cheap as possible) and anything good to say about them?

I’ve got a blackvue dr550gw in one of my cars. It’s been running for over a year without issues. I can’t reccomend blackvue though as thier customer service is awful. They send me cameras to review but don’t even help me when they go wrong, so what chance has a normal customer got.

Vicovation make a very good one, the Marcus 5. It’s around £240…

109LWB:
Vicovation make a very good one, the Marcus 5. It’s around £240…

:open_mouth:

Think I might be getting another G1W ! :laughing:

Have seen these though, opinions?

ebay.co.uk/itm/2-7-1080P-HD- … 541f9064ab

and

ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-Hd-2-7- … 3aa7c7f7a3

I will vouch for Vicovation dash cams had a older model now for over two years. They just work never had a problem it cost me then over £125. But it runs for on average ten hours day when i am working. You pay for what you get end of.