Healthcare Enviromental Group

Anyone got any experience / info on driving for this firm? Got an interview Thursday so any info gratefully accepted.

Was going to post the same question over the weekend.

The new Shotts depot are looking for divers, from what I’ve heard the work is smelly and mentions dealing with “offensive waste” what ever that means.

They have double decker rigids and a few 7.5t with massive over hangs at the back… Both of which scare me :blush:

Where in the country are you?

Don’t they carry waste from hospitals etc. for incineration.
So I imagine the waste is bits of people !

dont do it, thats all im saying… worked there before and they make give you more work than you can do in your hours,they overload you(i often weighed in at 48 tonne), bosses are a bunch of ■■■■■■■■■ and when i put my notice in saying i was leaving they had 3 goes at telling me not to… untill they gave up and refused to pay me for the last week or so i was there so ended up in court… i know many others who share the same issues with them… they treat you like utter ■■■■■ and vosa are onto them. :angry:

BeZo09:
dont do it, thats all im saying… worked there before and they make give you more work than you can do in your hours,they overload you(i often weighed in at 48 tonne), bosses are a bunch of [zb] and when i put my notice in saying i was leaving they had 3 goes at telling me not to… untill they gave up and refused to pay me for the last week or so i was there so ended up in court… i know many others who share the same issues with them… they treat you like utter [zb] and vosa are onto them. :angry:

Offft not good then!!!

When I was at Pringles a guy who done the day trunking left to go to Health Care Enviro, few guys told him it would be stinking.

Did you deliver into the NHS place at Larkhall this week?

del949:
Don’t they carry waste from hospitals etc. for incineration.
So I imagine the waste is bits of people !

I don’t think it’s “bits of people”, but it is clinical waste from hospitals and the like, so anything that goes in the yellow bins.

From what I’ve seen of them loading the double deckers, they are handling waste in yellow trade bins (the ones on four wheels) which are loaded onto the vehicle, rather than directly handling the waste or bags.

They advertise constantly that’s never a good sign!

As a general rule anything with environmental in the title will be an assault on the nasal passages, having worked in drainage previously I now tend to avoid them. Having said that it must suit some & you won’t know unless you give it a go.

Going along for a chat on Wednesday & to see whats what, not committing myself as yet (opening new premises on North Tyne Ind Est). Needless to say ££ will be top of the agenda 4 me!

Salary T&C £27,315 (£10.30 ph, OT £11 - 12.50 ph) based on 51hrs average working week. Attended for interview, thought about it & decided it wasnt for me, rightly or wrongly!? Was told mainly hospital pick ups of medical waste (sharps etc).