Dhl

is it me or are they obsessed with paper work and box ticking or are all the big firms the same. You clock in when you arrive , there are cameras in the yard and the cab , it’s got tracker on the motor , your digi card and they still want you to write it all out on a bit of paper ! Why. I would do more shifts if it was not for all the paper, go to the same places all the time so it’s not different runs.

DHL are obsessed with paperwork without a doubt,every Monday I as well as others had to fill in paperwork which took around 20 min to complete,this is on top of waiting to get your licence back as they done these checks also on a Monday,used to pxxs me off bigtime

Yes definitely the worst of all that I have driven for when it comes to paperwork. Some of their manifests are a nightmare to understand.

if they took as much care with there parcels as they did with there paperwork they woudnt ne known as drop it hide it lose it would they

flippermaj:
Yes definitely the worst of all that I have driven for when it comes to paperwork.

+1, I just think they’re a zb outfit to work for end of…!

You had to download your digi before and after every shift. Just incase you were driving somewhere else on your time off.

I think they should be held responsible for the decline of the rain forests. Never seen a company waste so much money !

The ops 13 is particularly brutal of you have 2/3 trailer changes, think you write n/a about 200 times. Somedays you can have upto 5 trip sheets aswell!

I actually thought norberts where worse, because they had a lot of paperwork aswell plus you had to scan every pallet. All the paperwork had to be done perfectly aswell no fudging signatures allowed!

So ■■■■ it’s unreal. You’re better off doing a secretarial course before getting your hgv license.
Was given a promise of ongoing work til Xmas but don’t need the bs. If bs doesn’t bother you then be my guest… :neutral_face:

UPS have best defect sheet

just 3 item,

this vehicle ok

needs non safety work

needs safety work

tick whichever box, if needs work write in defect (bulb out , tyres damaged etc)

round to garage get repair or book it off

I do a couple of days a week at the same place for the same agency ,every week I have to fill in a form writing down the details on my licence and my tacho card including every category on the licence and any codes that apply to that category.My licence,my tacho and CPC card are then photo copied every week!
I understand the rationale for the first time you are in there but surely it would be far easier and more efficient to just sign a declaration thereafter that the original info has not changed with perhaps a quarterly or six monthly check.

They pay for you’re time, whats the problem?

mike68:
They pay for you’re time, whats the problem?

Its not just my time though is it , its every driver then all the transport staff behind the ramp, I thought these cutting edge firms were all about being efficient,true they may pay for your time but what a bloody waste.

amamdada:
I do a couple of days a week at the same place for the same agency ,every week I have to fill in a form writing down the details on my licence and my tacho card including every category on the licence and any codes that apply to that category.My licence,my tacho and CPC card are then photo copied every week!
I understand the rationale for the first time you are in there but surely it would be far easier and more efficient to just sign a declaration thereafter that the original info has not changed with perhaps a quarterly or six monthly check.

Don’t know if it’s the same there, but in our place if you work the Sun and Mon, then are off the Tue you need to do all the paperwork again when you come in on the Wed because you’ve had a break in the week.

Had a think about this and as DHL are a German company due you think it’s part of a master plan ? They are going to swamp us with paper work and then take us over ! Haha

Odd days:
Had a think about this and as DHL are a German company due you think it’s part of a master plan ? They are going to swamp us with paper work and then take us over ! Haha

they tried once on a military scale so who knows,lol

Only once■■? Doing Hitler`s Legacy, perhaps? :grimacing:

■■■■■■■:

Now thats a good one

■■■■■■■:

Down Hill Logistics

mike68:

■■■■■■■:

Down Hill Logistics