Dhl

It’s even worse on the “Special Products”/“Blue Fleet” (i.e bulk chemicals) side of the business :imp: .

Over the last couple of years, the arse-covering (AKA H&S) has really got to a whole new level. Even if one of their ancient GP tankers (a few STILL have leaf springs for crying out loud :cry:) fails an MOT, it is treated as a major incident. With every mishap, no matter how minor, requiring all the resources of the Amazon rainforest to “ensure” that such a thing should never happen again. I swear to God, there’s more “compliance” non-jobs than drivers, and they are muliplying like rats :imp: :imp:. And yet, there are certain drivers at the yard I used to work at, that could get away with murder (i.e mates with the TM), but most of the other drivers would have the book thrown at them for a minor cockup (e.g bad fuel economy).

I reckon that what it would being like if that construction giant that has recently gone into liquidation (the one with the green teardrop, orange star and blue “C” in its logo) had decided to “have a go” at running a road haulage division.