Knights of the road

An old saying, but…

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … icine.html

Add more if you can.

God bless Vince, will somebody buy him a pint, nice story that, improved the image of a
commercial driver.

I know him from my days as an Iceland manager. Good bloke will help anyone out.

Definitely an old saying mainly because there are not many left on the roads these days.
Glad to say I drove through part of the era when they were far more " knights of the road "
Nice to see an article like this but unfortunately a rare occurrence these days.
The word that springs to mind these days is
“Selfish”

Er, ol Tom being a known Diabetic should know he should carry something with him forgetting your meds and not thinking a head was foolish.

nick2008:
Er, ol Tom being a known Diabetic should know he should carry something with him forgetting your meds and not thinking a head was foolish.

Some of the symptoms of hypoglycaemia is confusion and forgetfulness, perhaps he was already suffering before he departed!

And another one. Who would do this to a 7 week old kitten

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … orway.html

SWEDISH BLUE:

What is with some people… :unamused:

Do they have no compassion or empathy? Well except the Tesco driver! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:
Well except the Tesco driver! :wink:

Tossers, the lot…[emoji49][emoji49][emoji49][emoji49][emoji49]

Pimpdaddy:

Evil8Beezle:
Well except the Tesco driver! :wink:

Tossers, the lot…[emoji49][emoji49][emoji49][emoji49][emoji49]

The usual constructive type of comment from Pimpdaddy, well done mate. :unamused:

What sort of sick ■■■■■■■ would do that :open_mouth:
Whether you are an animal lover or not, nothing deserves that. I just hope somebody got the arse hole’s number, he is named and shamed and gets a bloody good kicking.
Fair play to the Tesco driver. :sunglasses:

no doubt the tesco driver will end up losing his job for stopping without good reason on a motorway once the police track him and charge him with some law or other that covers this sort of thing

good to see there are still a few decent drivers around who will say bollox to health and safety or company rules etc and get out of there cabs to help

SWEDISH BLUE:
Add more if you can.

On the “reverse” side, a while back I was delivering long rails on the 6-wheeled rigid to a rail yard in the centre of Preston, greedy bar out full and even more hanging over the back. This was not long after I lost my dear old Mum and Dad so I admit without embarrassment to being emotionally fragile, and often on the verge of tears.

Having negotiated numerous roadworks and all the usual Friday afternoon city centre nonsense, I missed the turning for the drop-of point on Christian Road, off Fishergate, which is between the railway station and the Royal Mail depot, for anyone who knows Preston. As soon as I realised, I pulled over, put the brake on, and burst into tears. At that moment, a lovely old boy appeared and calmed me down. As he was dressed in orange hi-viz, I assumed he was one of the rail boys. Without any hesitation, he walked back up the road and stopped the traffic to let me back up and turn into Christian Road. Once out of the way, I walked back to thank him but he was nowhere in sight. When I found the rail boys, they didn’t know him, so he was simply a nice man helping someone in (considerable) distress.

I’ve never forgot the incident, and it always reminds me of the old saying : it’s nice to be important, but it’s important to be nice.

Makes you think…

SWEDISH BLUE:

What a fabulous looking kitten. I’m sure he’ll grow into his ears.
Hope the ■■■■■■ who did this is found and also thrown from a moving vehicle. As it goes over a bridge. A very high bridge. With sharp rocks at the bottom.

robroy:
The usual constructive type of comment from Pimpdaddy, well done mate. :unamused:

Thanks[emoji16]