Ian mosey

I’ve been invited in for a chat with the above company and was just wondering if anybody knows what they are like to work for.

Cheers Liam

livestock or feed? if feed keep away, or be prepared for max hours and impossible delivery times, nice kit but not a clue with regards to drivers regs…

Yeh it’s feed, they told me over the phone that you work 4 12hr shifts.

at least 2 of the 12 will turn to 15… but you can only try it,

Thank you for your advice, in the ad it says it’s 31k a year do you know if they pay the same for class 1 and 2

i,m not sure tbh, they have not been the best payers for some time so that 31k seems very optimistic…

i know a lad who works out of Malton on £7.50 p/h he enquired but said the extra would not cover his petrol money for the added mileage from malton to the mill…

Isn’t he the drummer with Marillion?

Yeh it surprised me that they was paying 31k for 48hrs, I’m travelling from york everyday so it prob won’t be worth it if it’s less than that.

budgie69:
Yeh it surprised me that they was paying 31k for 48hrs, I’m travelling from york everyday so it prob won’t be worth it if it’s less than that.

This company have massively cleaned their act up. Something to do with a reported 100k fine for all sorts of drivers hours/maintenance offences. They are now very strict from what I’ve been told by a mate who works there. Wages are fantastic for this area I believe around £12 per hour for the 8 wheeler lads who apparently get paid more than the livestock lads. If you get back to the mill and you haven’t time to get out and back within your time you go home. The big think would be fitting in with the office staff and management. The atmosphere in that office can sometimes be cringe worthy and they do seem to have a high turnover of staff which again I’ve been told is down to management

Matt.

they would have to seriously clean it up with some of the stories off guys i know who work/have worked for them…

totally agree with the “The big think would be fitting in with the office staff and management.”

used to use alot of casual local farmers/farm hands…

If you get back to the mill and you haven’t time to get out and back within your time you go home.

with no pay… yes they have cleaned up but have but the blame back onto the drivers… management attitude has not changed.

Thank you both for your advice, yeh there aren’t many places around here paying that sort of money

I live near Malton and work for Warcups in Driffield, often looking for drivers. Can be long hours and occasional mucky work but pays not bad. They are pretty accommodating too. I lost my partner in February and they were really good about time off and gave me 2 weeks when she died.

Ok cheers, do they do nights out?

Yes, I’m out Mon-Fri

did you take the job budgie?

Hi did yes been there 3 months now, you get some long days but it’s a good job.

Any update on working conditions etc at Moseys ?

Wouldie:

A google search brings up Indeed reviews. Not many of which are positive. Most relating to excessive working hours (to the company’s credit, at least they state it will be max hours on the advert). So you definitely can’t complain when they run you ragged. They have always advertised for drivers a lot, which isn’t a good sign, and symbolises a high driver turnover.

All you can do is have a word, and see what they say. You’ll weigh them up on the day. If you click, you click. But expect to be worked hard.

Wouldie:

Budgie69 went missing in February 2019. its some thread revival from 2015 :confused: