Mercedes Axor air tank water drain

Not sure if I’m going blind but I’ve got condensation in my air tank(s) and none of them appear to have bleed valves, the ones you pull with a ring, just a blanked bolt at the bottom. What’s the trick?

Nevermind, found it, for anyone else they are by the in/out airlines under rubber caps and you have to push them and so get a face full of water as it sprays off your finger

Zb trucks, what do you expect:lol:

Kiowan:
Not sure if I’m going blind but I’ve got condensation in my air tank(s) and none of them appear to have bleed valves, the ones you pull with a ring, just a blanked bolt at the bottom. What’s the trick?

You know this because a dashboard warning light has come on? This means that the air drier filter needs changing which is why water has squirted out. Workshop job.

use a stick or other long item

hitch:
use a stick or other long item

Or your steelie

change the Air-Dryer

Pimpdaddy is back on the glue.

Only one “drain” point on an axor.It is on the air suspension supply tank.A wire feeds to a condensate sensor on the lowest tank near the air drier unit.It has a black rubber cap over a brass two pin resistance sensor.Pull of the black rubber cap and push the base button.

The sensor is what puts the warning up on the dash board.
This is a “protected” tank and is isolated from the rest of the air system.
Idea is that if an air bag bursts you dont loose pressure to the brakes and you can still drive the truck.The yellow “aux” tank symbol monitors the pressure in this tank and its systems as they run about a bar higher in pressure than the rest of the air system. Till this tank reaches pressure the air suspension is disabled

Yes, I was getting a dash warning on condensation, usually if I have ring pulls i’ll give the tanks a quick blast occasionally, not my truck though so probably never been done. I cleared the message on the dash using service setting and as mentioned it comes back at me with changing the condensation filter so, yep, defect job. I have to confess I do not like Axors at all, at least it has the auto box though and not the 8 slot gearbox.

Only way to remove water in tank light permanently is to remove it from FR ecu on diagnostic machine,other bad news is that 9/10 times you need a new sensor.

Kiowan:
Yes, I was getting a dash warning on condensation, usually if I have ring pulls i’ll give the tanks a quick blast occasionally, not my truck though so probably never been done. I cleared the message on the dash using service setting and as mentioned it comes back at me with changing the condensation filter so, yep, defect job. I have to confess I do not like Axors at all, at least it has the auto box though and not the 8 slot gearbox.

Just drive it, don’t worry about it :wink:

Can someone tell me cable colours in to socket on loom side as it is ripped off and need to put new sensor in but worried about damaging it by connecting it wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok worked out sensor wires at lest for now but still got warning up so Mal have to fined control module and check signal is makeing it

Found the problem but it is a bit odd the ground at sensor is same as local but ground on cab is about 0.7V higher so ecu thinks it is getting wrong voltage and sends up error code so running a new ground cable to sort it
The strange thing is if I connect cab or sensor to negative on battery it doesn’t clear fault anyway I think it is a bit strange anyone else seen this before ?