3 10 hour drives in a week, is it legal?

well i know you can only do 2 10s a week, BUT if say i had my regular weekly rest fri-sun worked monday and done a ten hoour drive, then had tuesday off unpaid, would i be able to use tuesday as a reduced weekly rest■■?, thing is ive done a 10 hour on monday and wednesday so wondering if its legal for another tomorrow<

No.
You can only do 2 tens in a fixed week I.e. From 00.01 Monday to 00.00 Sunday.

1968kg:
No.
You can only do 2 tens in a fixed week I.e. From 00.01 Monday to 00.00 Sunday.

i thought as much just hoped ther was a glimmer of hope :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Weekly rest does not rest the 10 hour drives

weekly rest resets the 3 max reduced daily rests

10 hour drives are in the fixed week from sunday midnight to sunday midnight

Simple answer is no, only 2 between midnight sunday till midnight sunday the following week, or 24:00 monday till 00:00 sunday.
If you worked saturday to tuesday, you can do 4 x 10 hr drives in a row!!! but for the same reason not every week.

ROG:
Weekly rest does not rest the 10 hour drives

weekly rest resets the 3 max reduced daily rests

10 hour drives are in the fixed week from sunday midnight to sunday midnight

cheers rog, i understand the 3 10s bit, but just to clarify if in fuure i have a day off mid week then i could then use that as a reduced weekly rest

Plugster:
well i know you can only do 2 10s a week, BUT if say i had my regular weekly rest fri-sun worked monday and done a ten hoour drive, then had tuesday off unpaid, would i be able to use tuesday as a reduced weekly rest■■?, thing is ive done a 10 hour on monday and wednesday so wondering if its legal for another tomorrow<

You can use Tuesday as a reduced weekly rest period but it won’t affect the number of extended driving days you can do Monday to Sunday.

You can only have two extended driving days (10 hour drives) in the fixed week Monday to Sunday.

weeto:
Simple answer is no, only 2 between midnight sunday till midnight sunday the following week, or 24:00 monday till 00:00 sunday.
But then on 4 on 4 off and do saturday to tuesday, you can do 4 x 10 hr drives in a row!!!

cheers mate, this is the exact reason i asked, 4 10s in a row haha madness the law, no wonder so many cant get the head round it, was just hoping for the chance of a 3rd 10 to help me along on a friday :slight_smile:

Plugster:
i understand the 3 10s bit, but just to clarify if in fuure i have a day off mid week then i could then use that as a reduced weekly rest

You can have two extended driving days in a fixed week not three, any rest period of 24 hours or more but less the 45 hours is a reduced weekly rest period regardless of what day/days it is.

tachograph:

Plugster:
i understand the 3 10s bit, but just to clarify if in fuure i have a day off mid week then i could then use that as a reduced weekly rest

You can have two extended driving days in a fixed week not three, any rest period of 24 hours or more but less the 45 hours is a reduced weekly rest period regardless of what day/days it is.

thanks tach i kinda knew that i could only do 2, but as i say was just hoping some wacky reg somewhere would say i could have 3, ahh well, looks like im running in saturday :frowning:((((

the tue weekly rest will not need paying back if it is just used as an extra weekly rest

If you have say a 30 hour reduced on tue then perhaps a 39 hour reduced over the weekend you could use the first 30 as the reduced for the week leaving 15 to pay back then use the 39 as 24+15 payback = :bulb:

Can we go back to log books please? it was so much easier :smiley:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Can we go back to log books please? it was so much easier :smiley:

Get a job driving to domestic regs and you can.

It is one of the daft rules IMO.

You could do

10 hours Sat
10 Hours Sun
10 Hours Mon
10 Hours Tue
9 Hours Weds
7 Hours Thurs

but you couldn’t do

Week off
10 Hours Monday
10 Hours Tuesday
10 Hours Wednesday
Week off

Bit daft really.

Just a pedantic note-

The fixed week runs from 00:00 Monday (the start of Monday) till 00:00 Monday (the start of Monday, sometimes written as 24:00 Sunday).

Not 00:00 Sunday or 00:01 Monday as stated in posts above.

kevin0410:
Just a pedantic note-

The fixed week runs from 00:00 Monday (the start of Monday) till 00:00 Monday (the start of Monday, sometimes written as 24:00 Sunday).

Sometimes its easier to say sunday midnight to sunday midnight

kevin0410:

In over 25 years in the Royal Navy, 0000 didn’t exist for this very reason. The Day finished at 2359 and started at 0001. Thus for 25 years I lost 2 minutes every day of my life :laughing:

ROG:

kevin0410:
Just a pedantic note-

Fair enough.

BTW What happens if your 10hour drive crosses 00.00 Monday? Which week does it count for and what if you start or finish at exactly midnight?

1968kg:

ROG:

kevin0410:
Just a pedantic note-

Fair enough.

BTW What happens if your 10hour drive crosses 00.00 Monday? Which week does it count for and what if you start or finish at exactly midnight?

Was just about to ask this, as I usually start on a Sunday night :neutral_face:

If your shift includes sunday midnight then the extension of the 9 hour driving time (up to max 10 hours) occurs in the week where it started to go over the 9