A34 closed again

Car Transporter went through the central barrier this morning and into an adjoining field.

Hope the driver is ok and managed to walk away, the rest will be covered by the insurance.
I heard elsewhere it was a front blow out, not sure if thats fact or not

Were you standing on your trailer :open_mouth:

Bloody hell, looks nasty. Hope no-one was seriously hurt.
How far down the a34 was it?

hopefully everyone is ok, and i hope it will be open for 530/6 when i go past :smiley:

It’s about halfway between Milton & Chilton, Southbound is closed until around 3pm, Northbound is fully open but slow.

There’s a farm bridge the pic was taken from

You just never know what the day is going to deal you. Hope driver was ok

Cars look strapped on well!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I was under the bridge the pic was taken from, how everyone got out ok I will never know. What you can’t see from the photo is the truck took a van from the N/B carriageway with him and that was all that was holding the trailer up

Dave-ECF:
I was under the bridge the pic was taken from, how everyone got out ok I will never know. What you can’t see from the photo is the truck took a van from the N/B carriageway with him and that was all that was holding the trailer up

Hope all are ok…any idea why he came through the barrier?

What is the big deal, the delivery notes said go past the white cottage, next left by the haystacks, carry on for two miles by Farmer Giles house, deliver in the field where the five Oak trees are, job done, sign here, next job.

From TVPs Teitter feed yesterday

Born Idle:

Dave-ECF:

Hope all are ok…any idea why he came through the barrier?

Was told by the HGV driver at the front said the van driver said the ecm truck had a blow out and took him with him

Anyone know what recovery company that is? Putting old military wreckers to good use! Not seen them around before.

Bend the barrier back,sweep up the mud/debris, re open road . . . nothing to see here.

Who was it that put a post on here asking about front tyre blowouts where a prick in a suit at his place said he was talking bollox when he had one which did some damage to the unit as in the knobs words “they never happen”?
Get him to show him this thread and say, shove the phone up your arse sideways prick!"

109LWB:
Anyone know what recovery company that is? Putting old military wreckers to good use! Not seen them around before.

It’s normally Egertons or Kardos around here but my brother said Egertons have lost the Police contract, there was a smaller flatbed from Westbourne Motors so whether they were from their fleet or not

I’d say Westbourne judging at the blue cab of the Foden to the left (bottom pic)

Good so see the no nonsense proper gear in use recovering the wreckage rather than the normal blinged-up yankee doodle dandy boys.

double post, sorry.