Its the dole for you!

are we all doomed■■? youtube.com/watch?v=o43nqvq4BOA

It’s closer than you think.

www.motoringresearch.com/msn-cars-news- … 0818947644

wing-nut:
It’s closer than you think.

motoringresearch.com/msn-car … 0818947644

I honestly can’t see it becoming a job threatening situation whilst any of us are still in the job. This automation is really just ‘enhanced’ cruise control and there are many obstacles to overcome before they will become anything more than prototypes, not to mention the inevitable protests from road safety campaigns etc. The idea of automated road train convoys just doesn’t seem feasible on busy & unreliable UK roads with all the idiots about thinking they have right of way on the slip road etc., maybe on quiet stretches of road at night, but what happens when there is inevitably an overnight closure or accident and your diverted off around the houses? Hardly an uncommon occurrence on our motorway network at night. You’ll still need drivers in the cabs for that eventuality & you’ll still need them to back on the bay at the delivery point.

Wonder what happens when those blue “lights” turn red?
Thousands of scenarios where a driver will have to take charge. When he has much less experience of actually driving…

What happens is some car pulls off the hard shoulder straight into your lane - like as happened on the M25 the other night? :frowning:

Call me luddite if you like, but this just can’t be safe - ever.

I want one and I want it yesterday, off the A30 after doing a Cornwall then on the bunk to Bristol whats not to like.

I can roll a ■■■ without steering with my knees, embrace.

Winseer:
What happens is some car pulls off the hard shoulder straight into your lane - like as happened on the M25 the other night? :frowning:

Call me luddite if you like, but this just can’t be safe - ever.

Then it will probably crash just like the other night…

Wow. Do I need to buy a shirt and tie?

I can tell you away this might work over long distances let’s get all these trucks and couple them together with one big truck at the front to pull them all then let’s for sftey of the public lets put them on a dedicated road way of there own and to make it even easier for the driver so he doesn’t have to do lots of steering let’s put the on some rails … Oh wait a minute

Just imagine the fun P.C. Nairn would have if he pulled you in one of these, there you are lying on the bunk smoking a splif, drinking from a can of Tennetts special brew and watching ■■■■ on the TV, tacho on break or would it be POA ?

Knock at the door, you answer `Hi Angus, are we at Birmingham yet?