That awkward moment when the plastic box takes over

Yes, when you become so reliant on the plastic box in your window that your common sense goes out of the window.

The sign says unsuitable for Wide Vehicles, its not the best signage or the best placed, too on the corner, should be either side 100 yards back and 1 30 or 40 yard up from the junction.
3 mile up this track is an industrial estate, on the delivery note I can guarantee it will say ‘******** Industrial Estate’

But it gets narrow less than 100 yard up, so surely you would have a think, you then get 2 90degree bends whilst its singletrack, so you would maybe have abit of a think, when the road goes very rural and the streetlights come to an end you would stop …

… Or maybe not, half a mile later …

I tried to help the guy, but his refusal to listen had me thinking I was wasting my time, I told him to keep the revs down, lift axle up, and we’re gonna be doing lots of shunts because its abit tight, so after alot of wheelspin, big spins of the steering wheel and thinking he doesnt need to do big shunts forward to level up he ditched the motor.

I have no sympathy, he followed the sat nav far far too much, like 3/4s of a mile up the road.

B1 GGK:
…so after alot of wheelspin, big spins of the steering wheel and thinking he doesnt need to do big shunts forward to level up he ditched the motor.

…and legged it?

Contraflow:

B1 GGK:
…so after alot of wheelspin, big spins of the steering wheel and thinking he doesnt need to do big shunts forward to level up he ditched the motor.

…and legged it?

I did, had my tea on and couldnt be arsed with the numpty.
Mansfields were on the way to pull him out when I left.

Looks like a typical rural back road, done loads of those, usually farms are somewhere along roads like these. Driver attitude and ability seem to be lacking…

B1 GGK:

Contraflow:

B1 GGK:

…and legged it?

I did, had my tea on and couldnt be arsed with the numpty.

Wouldn’t a T-Shirt have made more sense?

Looks like the sort of roads we have to go down to pick up sugar beet. Not fun but with a little bit of common sense and don’t drive like an idiot you get through.

Just bought anew high tech satnave which should put an end to this sort of stuff…ll

image.jpg

When google earth interfaces in that format, I think this luddite might finally get one himself. :sunglasses: :grimacing:

There’s a Business idea there for someone… :wink: