Driver vacancy at Elddis transport!

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … ck-7958321

Why can he have a clean licence in 6 months.I thought points lasted for
3 years but stayed on licence for 4 years :confused: .

Because he got a ban!
as daft as it sounds sometimes its better to get a ban and have a clean licence after you have finished your ban, as apposed to the four years for normal points

Can’t find the info on the government web site but this:

“I was banned but why have my previous penalty points not been removed from my driving licence?
Penalty points are only removed from your driving licence when you are disqualified under the totting up process, which would normally result in a ban of 6 months. This would then have the effect of “wiping the slate clean” and removing all points taken into account when the totting up ban was imposed. An instant ban, which is not subject to the totting up process, has no effect on other penalty points.”

I can never understand how these bridge hits happen, I don’t know about you lot but even if I am driving my car I am in the habit of noticing bridge heights :unamused: , I suppose I’m a brainwashed trucker by nature.
A ‘‘Drivers & Screwdrivers’’ situation maybe eh?

robroy:
I can never understand how these bridge hits happen, I don’t know about you lot but even if I am driving my car I am in the habit of noticing bridge heights :unamused: , I suppose I’m a brainwashed trucker by nature.

Retards of the highest order in my opinion mate. It ain’t hard to look at the hight of the trailer, look in your truckers atlas and plan a route avoiding bridges lower than the trailer you are pulling.
The only saving grace I would give is if you was put on a diversion route due to an accident and you ended up meeting a low bridge, mind you aren’t the HA supposed to set up a diversion route that avoids low bridges if an accident happens? The silly ■■■■ says he didn’t see the signs, maybe an eye test is in order also :unamused:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

robroy:

Retards of the highest order in my opinion mate. It ain’t hard to look at the hight of the trailer, look in your truckers atlas and plan a route avoiding bridges lower than the trailer you are pulling.
The only saving grace I would give is if you was put on a diversion route due to an accident and you ended up meeting a low bridge, mind you aren’t the HA supposed to set up a diversion route that avoids low bridges if an accident happens? The silly [zb] says he didn’t see the signs, maybe an eye test is in order also :unamused:

He said that he did see the signs, just didn’t calculate it properly ! So perhaps a Maths Test is needed. [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

what amazes me is that he is nearly through the bridge, surely you would stop when you hear the noise from hitting the bridge…!! :confused:

robroy:
I don’t know about you lot but even if I am driving my car I am in the habit of noticing bridge heights :unamused: , I suppose I’m a brainwashed trucker by nature.

Me too, even though I don’t drive trucks anymore.

Pimpdaddy:
I don’t drive trucks anymore.

Excellent news! Another one bites the dust…

Contraflow:

Pimpdaddy:
I don’t drive trucks anymore.

Excellent news! Another one bites the dust…

Innit:grin:
Leave it to some of you bell ends to get stuck in traffic, deliver my Xmas goodies & zb bridges:!:

Pimpdaddy:

robroy:
I don’t know about you lot but even if I am driving my car I am in the habit of noticing bridge heights :unamused: , I suppose I’m a brainwashed trucker by nature.

Me too, even though I don’t drive trucks anymore.

What are you doing now?

mac12:
What are you doing now?

Automotive parts dept.

That means you know your start time finish time how many hours you are going to do each week, no jams on the roads no waiting for hours to get unloaded. Good init

mac12:
That means you know your start time finish time how many hours you are going to do each week, no jams on the roads no waiting for hours to get unloaded. Good init

So far so good yes, there are down sides like most things in life.

Well they will struggle to fill said drivers job because an ad a couple of weeks back said Class 1 Driver wanted £7.91p an hour , working for them for those :stuck_out_tongue: rates I would hit a bridge as well !!

All Elddis trucks have height indicators set at 15’8" (4.7m) as are most their trailers marked at 15’8" cos the nature of the loads they carry (52 pallets), was an agency driver, nothing against agency I’m on agency and have been in Elddis quite often. I can for sure tell you that the trailer is 4.7m, for it to go so far under bridge clearly shows driver ignorance.