Driver CPC..

Does anyone know the exact criterea of the cpc deadline? What I would like to know is on the 10th of September - are ALL drivers expected to be in receipt of their card, or is it just the case that they have completed the training, registered on the system but have not yet received the card?

Many thanks in anticipation.

In order to comply on Sept 10 th you need to be able to produce the card to the relevant authorities upon request. So for example, doing your last module on Sept 9th would mean that you are NOT legally entitled to drive for hire and reward, this would apply until you had the card in your grubby mitts.

I’m researching this at the moment.

What I’ve discovered so far would seem to suggest that:

1. If you have been issued the card you must carry it when doing relevant work: £50 fine if you have the card but can’t produce it.

2. If you completed the training very late (ie last session in Sept) then no action will be taken if you can produce at the roadside all 5 of your certificates of attendance and your training provider has uploaded all your hours.

So, before you leave the training, make sure your hours are uploaded and you have your certificates. And carry them with you when you are working as a driver.

I will confirm this when it has been confirmed to me.

the maoster:
In order to comply on Sept 10 th you need to be able to produce the card to the relevant authorities upon request. So for example, doing your last module on Sept 9th would mean that you are NOT legally entitled to drive for hire and reward, this would apply until you had the card in your grubby mitts.

incorrect

There is a 15 day grace period from completing the training to receiving the DQC

If stopped on the 10th Sept then simply tell them when last course was done and they will check that on the database

The only issue could be if the upload by the trainer was not done immediately - they have 5 days to do that !!!

producing all 5 course certificates will also keep the driver from getting any fines in this circumstance

ROG:

the maoster:

incorrect

There is a 15 day grace period from completing the training to receiving the DQC

If stopped on the 10th Sept then simply tell them when last course was done and they will check that on the database

The only issue could be if the upload by the trainer was not done immediately - they have 5 days to do that !!!

producing all 5 course certificates will also keep the driver from getting any fines in this circumstance

I’ve recently emailed the DSVA about being able to drive while waiting for the DQC and am still waiting for a reply.

Do you have a link to this information, it could be helpful.

there is probably a better link somewhere but I found this quickly -
nidirect.gov.uk/driver-quali … driver-cpc

ROG:
there is probably a better link somewhere but I found this quickly -
nidirect.gov.uk/driver-quali … driver-cpc

I know about the 15 days grace while waiting for a replacement card.

Actually that link may be a bit misleading for drivers on this side of the water as it’s a Northern Ireland site, on the .gov.uk site it says you can drive for 15 days from when the replacement is paid for.

I’m trying to get confirmation from the DVSA that they will treat people who have completed the whole DCPC in this country the same as people who have completed part of the DCPC abroad, hence my interest in any links that say you can continue driving while waiting for the DCQ to arrive.

GasGas:

1. If you have been issued the card you must carry it when doing relevant work: £50 fine if you have the card but can’t produce it.

2. If you completed the training very late (ie last session in Sept) then no action will be taken if you can produce at the roadside all 5 of your certificates of attendance and your training provider has uploaded all your hours.

So, before you leave the training, make sure your hours are uploaded and you have your certificates. And carry them with you when you are working as a driver.

1. I asked a VOSA inspector about this a few weeks ago, if you mean, once you received your card you have to carry it for inspection prior to sept 10th, if that’s what you mean, it’s not true according to him.

weeto:

GasGas:

1. I asked a VOSA inspector about this a few weeks ago, if you mean, once you received your card you have to carry it for inspection prior to sept 10th, if that’s what you mean, it’s not true according to him.

well that seems to contradict the letter I received with my card today.
first line of the letter says:-
“enclosed is your new driver qualification card (DQC), which is valid with immediate effect. You must carry this with you at all times when driving professionally”
now I have acquired rights so technically I shouldn’t need the card till sept 10 but the letter it came with does state different :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

In under 3 weeks this discussion for acquired rights drivers will be pointless

ROG:
In under 3 weeks this discussion for acquired rights drivers will be pointless

very true Rog :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve just received a reply to an email I sent to the DVSA asking if a driver who has acquired rights could continue to drive when the acquired rights ends if he’s completed the periodic training and is waiting for the DQC to arrive.

The answer is yes you can drive while waiting for the DQC to arrive :smiley:

tachograph:
I’ve just received a reply to an email I sent to the DVSA asking if a driver who has acquired rights could continue to drive when the acquired rights ends if he’s completed the periodic training and is waiting for the DQC to arrive.

The answer is yes you can drive while waiting for the DQC to arrive :smiley:

I got the same answer verbally from the DCPC hotline