Jobs on offer around Bristol

I hear there are a number of company’s recruiting around Bristol at the moment.
I know the following are due to personally knowing people working at the following .

Culina Avonmouth Class 1

Hovis Avonmouth Class 2 and class 1 class 2 is radial (multi drop shop s etc )
jobs.thisisbristol.co.uk/cgi-bin … em&sctr=LO

Gist Portbury
jobs.thisisbristol.co.uk/cgi-bin … em&sctr=LO
Asda Avonmouth

Got a link to the Asda jobs Nick please ?

bald bloke:

cant find it fella but was told by a reliable source that they are recruiting across the board from transport to warehouse and office bods … it might not be up yet I’ll ask him when he’s back on shift

nick2008:

bald bloke:

cant find it fella but was told by a reliable source that they are recruiting across the board from transport to warehouse and office bods … it might not be up yet I’ll ask him when he’s back on shift

Ok cheers.

Next and Tesco are also looking for drivers in the area.

Bald bloke, I was on asda’s recruitment site a few weeks ago they were advertising at avonmouth, just checked now and its gone. Probs worth giving them a ring still.

Milk Man:
Bald bloke, I was on asda’s recruitment site a few weeks ago they were advertising at avonmouth, just checked now and its gone. Probs worth giving them a ring still.

Thanks Milk M .
BB saw one of our lads last night, He had gone for the interview etc but the shift pattern worked out every weekend was worked.

DHL / Sainsburys at Emerald park are looking for night shift drivers.

Looking like a job hot spot down there at minute.
All jobs seem to include weekends though and that may not suit a lot of drivers.

As anyone got links or numbers for Next or Tesco job vacancies in Avonmouth please.

I know a man that works for the Co-op at avonmouth. He says they’ve just had a load of drivers leave because they don’t like emptying the waste cages when they get back to the depot.
They’re through an agency but I’m not sure which one…

lesrollins:
As anyone got links or numbers for Next or Tesco job vacancies in Avonmouth please.[/quot

Next had a banner on the depot fence inviting toy to apply direct, Tesco is an online application only, search Tesco careers.

there seem to be loads of co’s and agencies advertising in Bristol & somerset at the moment.

Most will want you to show evidence of at least 3/5 Driver CPC sessions before they will consider you though. If you’ve got the card 5/5 then you are in a very strong position, so I’m told.

The ‘it’s all nonsense, never be implemented’ folk better start booking what they can when they can. One major provider in that area told me he is booked to capacity for DCPC until after the deadline, and he’s got a trainer working nights!

Also Maritime are looking for 4 on 4 off container drivers (found on indeed.Co.uk)
And Stobart are looking for transporter drivers and will provide training. (their own website)

Drat, maritime want 2 years experience…I only have 16 months!

From my local paper out today:-

Wrings Transport Ltd 5 x C drivers £482.85 basic weekly earnings for 55 hours
5 x C+E drivers £537.85 basic weekly earnings for 55 hours
says additional overtime, nights away and weekend work available
contact Martin Wring 01179 384646 or martin@wrings.co.uk

Thatchers Cider, Sandford Delivery Driver/Drayman LGV C to drive 12t rigid multiple deliveries in 50 mile radius
Must be physically fit Fork lift exp advantage but training available
General warehouse duties including order picking mentioned - no mention of pay

01934 822862 or jobs@thatcherscider.co.uk

I have never worked for or have any connections to these companies so can’t tell you anything about them so adding to thread in case helps somebody.

J_K:
I know a man that works for the Co-op at avonmouth. He says they’ve just had a load of drivers leave because they don’t like emptying the waste cages when they get back to the depot.

ADR are the lead Agency, they sub a lot of it off to Mainline

J_K:

That’s Norbit Dangaly bits and they cant keep drivers anyway

terratology:
Drat, maritime want 2 years experience…I only have 16 months!

Apply don’t take any notice about the 2 yrs bit , if they like you they will take you , ive had the must have xyz and stuff thrown at me but its never stopped me or others applying

All the big players are recruiting in Bristol / Avonmouth / Portbury at present.

ASDA, Tesco (Stobarts) , Sainsburys (DHL / NFT - ADR Network) etc
Gist - M&S Thornbury & Portbury
Co-Op - Norberts via ADR Network / Mainline, plus direct
Wincantons did have a ad in for their Portbury depot (Howdens Kitchens?)
Wrings
Couple of the smaller subbies doing Lidl’s in W-S-M (McLeod, M&T, Hemmings)
Malcolms
Culinas
Samworth’s (Ginster’s pies etc) - Patchway - always on the look out for good drivers
Robinsons of Worcester - bigpinktruck - tramping on class 1 & class 2 tippers
BOCM Pauls
Bibbys
Wiseman’s further down the M5, now Muller’s

These are just the ones I’ve seen in the last few weeks; I get calls 3-4 times a week from agencies I’ve previous been on the books with desperate for drivers