Driver needed urgently Yeovil area

Hello

Just been let down by a driver to drive our articulated lorry (semi trailer and truck) from Yeovil to Poole then onto ferry to Cherbourg tomorrow morning. After it needs driving to Niort (France).

If anyone is interested in doing this please call on 0033 625 66 58 60, or reply to this post.

Thanks

cannot help this time clare, but if your looking for something a bit more permanent job wise then i may be your man.

reply if any good or 07907186122,

thanks, gary

Thanks Gary but I don’t have any full time posts available. Our unit is a race car transporter and we only use it about 10 times a year. Been sorely let down at the last minute by a driver and need to get unit back to France asap.

I will copy and paste this onto a facebook page. There are a couple of people maybe able to help.

Sounds great, thanks

Ain’t it great when drivers let you down? Sack up guys, FFS.

Clare70:
Thanks Gary but I don’t have any full time posts available. Our unit is a race car transporter and we only use it about 10 times a year. Been sorely let down at the last minute by a driver and need to get unit back to France asap.

You need to get the unit back to France asap ?

You never had one in July ? But you use it 10 times a year?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=115481&p=1771118#p1771118

Postby Clare70 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:41 am
Hi. I’ve just bought a 12 metre boxed trailer unit and am on the hunt for a tractor unit. In the mean time I need the trailer moving from it’s current location in Somerset to my address in France. Is there such a thing as an ‘owner driver’, if so can anyone point me in the right direction of where to look?

I hope it’s ok to post this here.

Thanks for your replies. The trailer is legal, having recently passed it’s MOT. It will be empty when coming over. I’ll have to get back to you on its exact height but I know it’s legal for European roads. It’s a dry box and not refridgerated.

I’m looking into have it delivered to Poole then coming over unacommpanied on the ferry, but would like to know the cost of it being brought over. Is this the right place to see if anyone is interested in quoting for this type of work?

I can guess why the driver let you down, but don’t worry some mug off Facebook might do it now :laughing: :laughing:

this could be interesting :open_mouth:

nick2008:

burnley-si:

nick2008:

nice of you to share :wink:

‘articulated lorry (semi-trailer and truck)’ :unamused:

Having experience of selling off double-decker box trailers the race team trailer fantasy is a popular one. I often drive past one that was purchased for this reason unmoved in the same place in a field where I delivered it to over 5 years ago now.

Pretty much given up selling trailers on ebay one or two, out of a hundred, would be buyers will have suitable business premises for it to be cheap outside storage or genuinely have the ability to convert it to take tractors to shows, or something.

nick2008:

burnley-si:

nick2008:

nice of you to share :wink:

not a problem, but its getting a little empty :cry: