Kelvin lord oldham

SEEN A FEW OF THERES ABOUT, SOME FANCY PAINTJOBS SOME PLAIN
Any info on them i.e wages etc, may be worth a look. :wink:

Flash doesnā€™t necessarily mean cash :unamused: :smiley:

Young_AL:
Flash doesnā€™t necessarily mean cash :unamused: :smiley:

could you elaborate or is it just a general comment. :neutral_face:

no one knows of them it seems. :wink:

Oh well, gaffer seems a good sort,motors are very tidy and clean. Job is fine but then he is breaking me in gently :wink: .
I expect to work next week.
the guys are a good set of lads ,helpful an full of the usual good natured banter but also keen to lend a hand and give good directions to collect/del points including what/whatnot to avoid.
All in all basicly a good firm with an approachable knowledgeable gaffer,wants it his way but then he pays the wage.
If you want the rates ā€¦call himā€¦itā€™s not for me to discuss his business, iā€™m happy 10 mins from home.good atmosphere and a fairly decent wage. :slight_smile:

Do a lot of carpenters work, and Iā€™ve seen them up at the old B&M site up at Blackpool.

Not sure heā€™s got a LOT of trucks but the ones Iā€™ve seen and guys Iā€™ve spoken too have all been happy with their lot - and drivers are known to moan.

Hope it goes well and I see you about - although I start a new job Monday (ISOTank) so less likely to be visiting the same places as you now.

gezt:
Oh well, gaffer seems a good sort,motors are very tidy and clean. Job is fine but then he is breaking me in gently :wink: .
I expect to work next week.
the guys are a good set of lads ,helpful an full of the usual good natured banter but also keen to lend a hand and give good directions to collect/del points including what/whatnot to avoid.
All in all basicly a good firm with an approachable knowledgeable gaffer,wants it his way but then he pays the wage.
If you want the rates ā€¦call himā€¦itā€™s not for me to discuss his business, iā€™m happy 10 mins from home.good atmosphere and a fairly decent wage. :slight_smile:

Answered ya own question there then :wink:

How you finding it gezt?

Lad who was training me today used to work thereā€¦

Pretty good, never knowing what your doing from day to day and then it changes to suit customer needs.Lads seem to be a good set of guys, Units all nice an tidy and any defects sorted asap. You can actually talk to the boss and he does listen.You donā€™t get the impossible to do either.
Seems a good move for me and am happy enough so looks like i will stay till i retire (4 years lol).

Nice 1, thatā€™s what we all want, that job where it just ā€˜clicksā€™

Glad its working out well, hopefully happy days for the next 4 years.

Ive heard mixed reports about him, prob why i aint given him a ring even though he is just around the corner, aslong as he pays you enough to keep you happy thats all that matters.

cheers guys, makes a nice change getting home 10 mins after finishing work. :wink:

I Think they are on circa Ā£7.50 ph,which isnā€™t a fortune !

TTX boy:

I was in there a couple of weeks ago through the agency, when they were advertising for a driver. One of there drivers told me itā€™s Ā£9 p.h. guaranteed 50hrs.

Phone call today confirmed they are on Ā£9 per hour, no overtime rate though. Didnā€™t ask what guaranteed hours were.

Young_AL:

Eventually after he asked the question on the 15th May and your pointless reply was on the 29th :unamused: heā€™s already got the answer good style if you read things :unamused:

Whatā€™s ā€˜yaā€™ supposed to beā– ā– ?

TTX boy:

no i think your very very wrong cos i work there ,you work for ttx .
please dont ā€œthinkā€ you know ,thats how bad rumours start,
i think i know about ttx and have even been offered a job but im not sure on wages conditions etc so i wonā€™t comment.
i also ā€œknowā€ someone who left ttx to go for a n other local firm for better pay and conditions , seenin as how i have never worked for either firm i couldnā€™t possibly comment on whether his was right or wrong. :wink:

dri-diddly-iver:

Young_AL:

Eventually after he asked the question on the 15th May and your pointless reply was on the 29th :unamused: heā€™s already got the answer good style if you read things :unamused:

Whatā€™s ā€˜yaā€™ supposed to beā– ā– ?

+1

TTX boy:

would you like to state ttx pay and conditions ā€¦i.e hourly rate etc :wink: or will you stay silent on that matter :unamused:

ā€˜Yaā€™ means ā€˜yourā€™ :unamused: :smiley: