Some photos of my week Part 1

Great diary, and putting that caravan inside the container is a work of art. One of the best jobs i ever had was many years ago on caravans, but these were the 40footers, we were a recovery company for the RAC, and often ran out empty to recover either broken down or stolen or even finance company owned, was also the best paying job even more than a driver earns today. Our boss wanted to take -loads out to europe, and recovery work for the return, so we started taking holiday vans to the south of france, this was great for about a year, then he had the idea to buy land, and then site the vans, then moving on from that, then decided to build the vans himself, carry them out, and site them on his own land, then rent them as holiday homes. They were well equiped and had everything pre fitted before delivery, including twin air-con units, and a heat shield on the roof. Our recovery work meant we had to go to many garages where the cars were, some were wrecks and others had lengthy repairs, and always there were storage fees to pay, and we were pre told of the amount and were given that amount of cash to pay, however on most occasions the amount was a lot lower, so a back hander to the owner or mechanic and we were quids in with the real receipt, bit like the old Plus system for fuel. Often we would collect 2/3 vehicles and sometimes had a caravan on the tow bar and would often go home with £200/300 in our pockets with wages on top. The other plus side was if we only had to collect 1 car, would sometimes find a brit broken down on the way back, and would make a few quid giving them a piggyback, all the vehicles were in RAC blue and sign written so we had a prestige existence. There were times when we would also fly somewhere to drive a car home where the owner had broken a leg or something, maybe hospitalised, and on one such occasion i flew to switzerland to pick up a bentley belonging to Stratford Johns of Z Cars fame, oh what a drive home that was, sadly the bosses son was a gambler, and with the newly found fame and money, the office in Mayfair, he ended up bankrupt, but that was after i left due to an accident i had in the yard with a car transporter top deck falling on my head, but thats another story.