7.5 ton frozen food

Hoping someone on here may have some expirances in this line of work.

I found a company that’s happy to take on new drivers on 7.5 ton work delivering frozen food to pubs / restrants.

Just woundered what The hours are normally like in this kind of work and what the work is like in genral. Any feed back would be apricated.

Not an easy job.Parking issues.Traffic wardens.
Keep fit if they want it down the basement or up the stairs.
Customers with a bad attitude.Some nice,some not.
Getting the truck down narrow places.
Double parked cars.
Some may not want the pallet,so have to break down the pallet and hand ball it off.
No gratitude from customers.You may hear “The regular driver always gets here at this time.”
“What took you so long,asleep in the layby?.”

did some agency work for 3663 on 7.5t freezer van never again ■■■■■■ horrible mitsubishi canter auto that constantly hunted for the right gear sent out around the lanes of cheshire and northwales /shropshire horribly long tiring day lots of hand ball lots of arsey chefs rejecting food as "tempwrong drive " ignorant useless hotel staff who treat you like something off the bottom of their shoe useless TM altogether a pile of crap

enjoy tho

jrt:
Hoping someone on here may have some expirances in this line of work.

I found a company that’s happy to take on new drivers on 7.5 ton work delivering frozen food to pubs / restrants.

Just woundered what The hours are normally like in this kind of work and what the work is like in genral. Any feed back would be apricated.

Well it’ll be driving a 7.5t er delivering frozen food to pubs and restaurant’s :unamused:

All jobs are different so unless you can give all the info on who it is etc then its like asking what would you expect doing a paper round on a bike …

It could be days it might be nights or even twilights
It could pay £500 pw or £300 pw
it could be pallets or cages
you might have a Tail lift might not …

see nothing is set in stone too many variables with unknown information to start with.

I’m currently working on 7.5 ton frozen, chilled and ambient food delivering. I’ve been doing it for about 6 weeks so far, the hours are quite long - start around 6am and finish at 5pm Monday to Friday, with a 1 in 3 Saturday rota.

There’s an awful lot of hand balling involved, so quite physically demanding. I take home £300 a week.

The way I see it tho - it’s a job and I’ll continue to do it until I can find work elsewhere which is more suitable.

Good luck

I worked for DDF multi dropping around London and home counties expect to do 30 + jobs a day a lot of handballing and some C.O.D deliveries hard work but the luck of the draw depends on what route you get

Ive done class 2 for 3663 and Whitbreads its heavy work and dont expect any help and when you see the delivery points
throw the Health and safety book out of the window. You maybe with someone else just take care when delivering.

Delivered Wholesale is the pits
little or no help and customers are
sanctimonious pricks

thats the good ones

I lasted a week at 3663 at their Benton, Newcastle depot a few years ago. I would rather set my testicles alight & put them out with a mallet rather than do it again. Horrible job, crap pay, crap hours & insufferable customers. Why do all chefs try to outdo gordon Ramsay in the obnoxious stakes?