Good reason for a dash cam

Motorcyclist tried to claim against the lorry even after riding over the white line into the vehicles path.

home.bt.com/lifestyle/motoring/ … 3871648307

Cheeky bleeder! I need to invest in one of these.

Tried to sue ‘the lorryist’ - I think the VoiceOver lady’s been watching too much top gear.

This was originally posted in here when it first happened but nothing was mentioned about anyone being sued.

Its these no win no fee companies again, they send a solicitors letter straight to the vehicle owner, threading legal action if they don’t pay.

Somebody tried it with the company I used to work for, after he’d tried to overtake one of thier trucks which was turning right into a factory. As far as the police were concerned the car driver was completely at fault going to fast and the trucks indicators were working. But still a letter arrived claiming for loss of earnings.

The solicitors got a letter back stating that it was in the hands of the insurers, so they can ■■■■ off. But I’m sure the reason they do it, is it would scare some into paying. :imp:

that looked seriously painful. 1 very lucky biker if he only sustained minor injuries!

Normally ends in death if they go under wheels of the unit or trailer, lucky guy. Seems like he took the bend too fast and over compensated for it by going over the white line, 10 - 20 seconds later and the lorry probably would have hit him as he crossed the line before he had chance to bin it. I bought a dashcam in my car, one off eBay for around £30 after a 18 month dispute with a 80yr old granny who took me out on a roundabout one morning, she failed to give way to the right, failed to notice me, failed to indicate and even managed to fabricate a false witness statement but eventually I won it 100% but its left me with nerve and lower back damage. When i pass my HGV i will definately be buying a good quality cam, cuts all the crap out as most drivers these days who cause accidents are the ones to cry not guilty. So many idiots on the road its un real. :slight_smile:

stupidn00b:
that looked seriously painful.

If he really did try to sue the lorry driver I’d say it wasn’t painful enough :imp:

muckles:
Its these no win no fee companies again, they send a solicitors letter straight to the vehicle owner, threading legal action if they don’t pay.

What will have happened here is having reported the incident to his insurer, the biker will have been hounded with messages from the no win no fee scumbags, telling him he might have a chance at compensation for his injuries. Chances are he probably had little intention of sueing before the scumbags got involved and dangled the carrot of a big payout. The case will then been carried forward by the scumbags in hope that the truck driver would be lacking evidence to support himself.

Lawyers are a scourge on society & why common sense has gone out of the window.

rob22888:

muckles:

What will have happened here is having reported the incident to his insurer, the biker will have been hounded with messages from the no win no fee scumbags, telling him he might have a chance at compensation for his injuries. Chances are he probably had little intention of sueing before the scumbags got involved and dangled the carrot of a big payout. The case will then been carried forward by the scumbags in hope that the truck driver would be lacking evidence to support himself.

Lawyers are a scourge on society & why common sense has gone out of the window.

I’m not so sure about that. Years ago, I fell off my pedal cycle because I dropped my front wheel into the tram tracks near Wolverhampton. It was entirely my own fault (I was going too fast and trying to cross the tracks at much too shallow an angle), but on the same evening I had two cold calls from ambulance chasers who’d somehow heard about the incident. In each case they told me I could be “entitled” to a big payout, and in each case I told them that the incident had been my own fault and I wasn’t interested in claiming from anyone, and that was the end of that.
My point is that this guy may well have come under some pressure from ambulance chasers, but he could always have used his common sense and morals and said no to them.

Am i glad i bought a dash cam,cover one’s arse me think’s :wink:

For what they cost, a dashcam is a must have!