DCPC no DQC and PSV and VOSA

According to VOSA, since the 10th of september, they have stopped 1064 public service vehicles to date, 6 drivers were found to have no DCPC driver qualification card and were each given a £50 fixed penalty notice!
So I doubt it will be worth the risk not doing it and trying to carry on with out one.

Hmmm £50 fixed penalty vs £hundreds to do the course? Could be worth a punt to certain people.

I think the £50 FPN is for not ‘carrying’ the card whilst driving - even though you’ve done the reqd. 35 hours Periodic Training or passed Module 2 & Module 4 if you are a new driver. So, this could apply if you’ve left your DQC at home…but they check & find it has been issued.

There are much stiffer penalties for not having DCPC card because you haven’t completed the reqd. training - as I understand these cases will end up in court - so maybe no outcome as yet, court cases maybe pending. Also the PCV operators stand to get fined and/or O licence disciplinary action via Traffic Commisioner. One PCV operator nearby has a notice in drivers’ room it says simply ’ NO DCPC CARD…NO DRIVING OUR VEHICLES TODAY’.

Personally I wouldn’t risk it!!! As the Nike advert says…Just do it!!!

the maoster:
Hmmm £50 fixed penalty vs £hundreds to do the course? Could be worth a punt to certain people.

I think it would be rather foolish to drive after getting caught, and their employers informed about not letting them drive until they are qualified.

But will it have implications on your gaffers o licence if their drivers are caught without any DCPC qualifications?
Just wondering cos you might not have a job to be able to afford your 50 quid fine. So is it worth the chance?

weeto:
According to VOSA, since the 10th of september, they have stopped 1064 public service vehicles to date, 6 drivers were found to have no DCPC driver qualification card and were each given a £50 fixed penalty notice!
So I doubt it will be worth the risk not doing it and trying to carry on with out one.

would they have been new drivers then? as i thought we had until sept 14 to do 5 sessions and get a card .

weeto:

These numbers would suggest, whatever the fine(s) that the PCV industry is more than 99% compliant as far as DCPC is concerned - it would seem the EU have us exactly where they want us & the new legislation is being complied with after all■■?

Dan Punchard:

weeto:

would they have been new drivers then? as i thought we had until sept 14 to do 5 sessions and get a card .

OP is referring to bus drivers though. Their deadline was Sept 13.

Dan Punchard:

weeto:

Only if your HGV, PSV came in this september.

Dan Punchard:

weeto:

Dan, existing PCV licence holders started DCPC Sept. 2008 - so had to get their DQC by Sept.2013.

damoq:

Dan Punchard:

weeto:

OP is referring to bus drivers though. Their deadline was Sept 13.

cheers.

Not carrying a required DQC = fixed penalty but if checks are done (easy with databases) and found that the required training hours have not been done then its a max of £1000 for both driver and employer