Freightliner

I see on Teletext that Freightliner drivers at Leeds have voted to go on strike for better pay following a month long overtime ban. Any Freightliner drivers on here who cangive us more info?

Good for them. Wonder how many more will follow. There’s a certain kitchen manufacturer 5 miles from you with alot of very disgruntled drivers at the moment. Maybe they’ll be next.

Yes, re. kitchen manufacturer - their drivers’ had a meeting at our local Legion club last weekend. I understand that a few of them have been offered early retirement!

Going to be interesting for Jessicas Dad and a guy I know who is a subbie at Freightliner in Leeds

THIS IS IT…

we are on £6.09 ph hour with a bonus that no one knows how to work out but the jest of it is … the more you do the less you get.

overtime is
before 6 is time and 1/4
after 3.30 is time and 1/3
and then after 10hrs is time and 1/2
sat time and 1/2
sun is double

no nights out cos they wont pay … but the rate is £22/00
everybody does a few nights out when they first startb but when paid relise they havent had any night out payments and it normally take 3/4 months to get your money ( we are paid monthly)

they wont pay tolls we do a job just north of tyne tunnel called chemson and we have to go round.

the bit about the strike is…
we used to have a manager of all road fleet called colin watts and he used to have meetings with the drivers in all the different yards anyway he showed us our wages and pensions and said they were25 years out of dte and he was going to update everything for us ( we were all pleased with this ) then he got premoted to take over another one of f/l companys and we got a new manager called mike hill he carried on with negotions but before christmas died. the new bloke in charge said all previous negotions were gone and the tryied to give us 48 hrs flat time we had to do drop bodys tilts and flats we had to do nights outs flexable working hours ( hours are now 6 till 3.30 any thing extra is oppstional ) start anytime 4/8am you get sent home if no work after 5 hrs anyway he was being really awkward dictator.

they have now said we can have £7.50 for 35 hrs but overtime dosent start till you have done 40 hrs!!! ( how do you work that out ) its £7.50 for 35 or £7.50 for 40■■?

f.liner seem to think you should be grateful for being allowered to work there they dont realise in leeds you can walk out of one job into the next they also compare f/liner to p&o and dhl when 3 miles away you have morrisons and asda who pay alot more.

the latest is cos of the strike they have now given all drivers a letter saying that due to having strikes they are losing money so anyone who hasnt been there for more than 3 years will be laid off.

they nothing but caveman bullys

there is internal vacancy for train drivers saying you will have to drive to doncaster, newark, hams hall or maybe ever wilton at cleveland and sometimes you might even have to drive for upto 5 hrs a day!!! and they are on 37 grand a year for 35 hrs a week and 35 days hoilday!!!

penfold:
Yes, re. kitchen manufacturer - their drivers’ had a meeting at our local Legion club last weekend. I understand that a few of them have been offered early retirement!

I used to do agency for them years ago. My mate works there. From what I can gather, it looks like Monday or Friday is pretty much going to work out as entirely agency drivers. Looks like the management haven’t got a clue. They’re still trying to decide whether to go 17 or 26 weeks. Add that to the warehouse staff got a payrise but drivers didn’t debacle and its all going to go pear shaped.

My mate told me what his annual pay was based on 56hrs. It isn’t all that great.