Driver is this necessary?

A453 south side layby. There’s a footpath down the back side of it, walked down there recently and was disgusted at the amount of rubbish and stuff clearly thrown from Trucks as very few cars ever use that layby. :open_mouth: :blush:

Worst of all were the 2litre bottles full of urine dumped anywhere and everywhere, there were several, surely this is not necessary, ok I appreciate that getting out of the cab in the cold and rain is not ideal but if you have to use the bottle at least empty it out and put the empty in the bin or take it with you for another day, not throw it out the window, full, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :imp:

I guess this is common in most layby’s but does it not fuel the fire of the great unwashed when they see such practices? :unamused:

sat in the queues of the great M1 commuter carpark on wednesday morning, I noticed dozens of lucozade sport bottles, coke bottles, plastic milk cartons, and other various drinks containers strewn alongside the traffic…

in the central reservation! :open_mouth:

Must fling em out of their cab windows on the move I reckon.

sat on the m25 the other day in a jam, a guy in a car on the outside lane got out and took a leek on the the side of his car.
if you gotta go, you gotta go.

i agree its disgusting amount of rubbish drivers leave but also ity would help if roadside bins were emptyed.

jessicas dad:
i agree its disgusting amount of rubbish drivers leave but also ity would help if roadside bins were emptyed.

It would help in some places if they put in litter bins.

This is the same world wide :exclamation: I often load at Poland Springs in Maine, it is miles from the beaten track and we always used to stop there overnight before setting off next day, the plant has great facilties for drivers. Last visit a new sign had appeared banning overnight parking due to numerous bottles of urine being left on site :exclamation: SHAME :angry:

Stopped at Copdock one night went and did my drop in mornong came back an hour later and the driver of the truck to my left had left a 5 litre container of urine, in between my wheel and mudflap, i am stuffed if i can remember the name of the company, but i would have sent them an email to complain, pity smart truck. and when i had a look there are loads of grids he could have just poured it down… 5 ltr’s■■? phew how long had he had that in cab

After going shopping me n the mrs always have loads of carrier bags…i fold them up and take them to work…my overhead locker has enough bags for several week of rubbish… I use a new 1 every mon…if its full its dumped responsibly when i diesel up or when i get back to the yard…

Not all truckers pollute the countryside…running south on M5 last year, car driver in front of me threw his “coke” bottle out of window…imagine if a biker was behind him…!!!

i`ve always wondered how its possible to fit your “appendage” into the hole at the top? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … MINE DOESNT! (not bragging or owt :open_mouth: ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Logistics Loader:
running south on M5 last year, car driver in front of me threw his “coke” bottle out of window…imagine if a biker was behind him…!!!

Many years ago when I worked as a Residential Social Worker we were returning from a holiday when surprise surprise one of the kids is yet again travel sick.
This time however for some unknown reason the little darling decided to throw the vomit laden bag out of the mini bus window…which then proceeded to not only hit the windscreen of the car behind but split & spew it’s contents across it.
Did we stop & apologise ?, you must be joking.
The kid concerned did get a good telling off, but also earned the envy of every other kid on the bus.

JB:
i`ve always wondered how its possible to fit your “appendage” into the hole at the top? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing::laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you’re the sort who chucks it out the window - it’s probably no problem

this really is taking the zb…its one of the most disgusting habits of this century not only is it spreading diseases but also gives us an already bad name…there is no excuse whatsoever…put it into a carrier bag afterwards…and dispose of it in a sensible way…not over the carriageway or the hard shoulder.

Denis F:

JB:
i`ve always wondered how its possible to fit your “appendage” into the hole at the top? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing::laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

chuck what out the window? “my appendage”? far too cold for that!

Denis F:

JB:

I would have thought that “Chucking it out the window”, would be a waste of time. I am assuming that you are rolling when you chuck it out of the window, cause otherwise you can climb out of your truck.
Anyway, back to chucking it out. Rolling down the road at ??mph. Nature calls so you chuck it out the window. The wind-chill factor causes terminal shrinkage, so it no longer goes out of the window. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

JB:
chuck what out the window? “my appendage”? far too cold for that!

the bottle :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: